PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Additional users for Switchover

Posted 05-31-2023 14:58

We are looking at rolling out additional support for out CIC server by allowing our server admin team to be able to perform switchover while applying the monthly MS patches. Currently only the service account used to install the CIC is able to log into the CIC or perform switchovers. I have created new accounts and modeled the profile of the Service Account, however these accounts are unable to log into the cic or the switchover.  Any thoughts as to what might be the issue? 

#AskMeAnything(AMA)
    #Implementation
    #PlatformAdministration
    #Security
    #SystemAdministration

------------------------------
    Christopher Becker
    State of Michigan - Oakland County - WRC

• 2.  RE: Additional users for Switchover

Posted 05-31-2023 15:11

OK, so they will need a CIC account. I believe the required permission is "Remote Control".
    I would advise you define their Windoze account within their IC account to connect them. (The field is called "NT", but means "Active Directory".) That way, they should be able to authenticate to the server and then run the Switchover Control Panel without having to re-authenticate.
    HTH

Paul Simpson
    Eventus Solutions Group

• 3.  RE: Additional users for Switchover

Posted 05-31-2023 15:27

Thank you Paul - hope all is well - that seems to be what I am missing. I am creating users with the same name as their AD account. 

Christopher Becker
    State of Michigan - Oakland County - WRC

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources