Workforce Engagement Management

View Only

Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

Adherence

Thread closed by the administrator, not accepting new replies.
  • 1.  Adherence

Posted 12-01-2022 08:24
    No replies, thread closed.
    Good morning everyone

Instead of beating my head up against the wall thought I would reach out with regards to adherence.  Agents have break/meal however not at a designated time.  They will go when work allows it.  They of course aux out to break or meal.  I set up the management unit to ingnore break and meal in adherence (see attached).  I am still getting in the performance real-time adherence that they are "out of adherence" - where did I mess it up?

#Workforce Engagement Management

------------------------------
    Shirley Harbers
    Alcatel-Lucent USA Inc.

• 2.  RE: Adherence

GENESYS
    Posted 12-02-2022 09:12
    Edited by System 01-26-2024 19:03

Ignore for Adherence is concerned with the scheduled activity not their actual presence. If the agent is scheduled for Break using your configuration, and they are instead On Queue (or anything other than Break), then any out of adherence for the schedule Break activity will be ignored.

We do not support the case of the agent, again using your configuration, being in a Break presence and magically having a neutral adherence for _any_ scheduled activity. Agents could, if we supported that, hang out in these magical presences for large portions of their shift and shortchanging you on scheduled/planned On Queue time.

I am not a consultant, but my recommendation would be to not have any 'Ignore for Adherence' activity categories configured and lower your adherence target to reflect your acceptance that adherence for meals and breaks is lower. 75% adherence target would mean an agent could be out of adherence for up to 2h in an 8h shift which is pretty generous. Usually sites that want really high (e.g., > 95%) adherence, they 'cheat' by changing schedules in arrears, have lots of activity categories configured as being ignored for adherence, and other things that are not best practices.

Scheduled activities, including break and meal, represent a plan. Adherence is a way to inform you of a deviation from that plan. Ignoring certain scheduled activities is hiding the fact the plan is not being adhered to.

At an extreme, it could be that historical schedule adherence is less important to you than conformance (i.e., not caring about when On Queue is given, but how much On Queue is given versus scheduled).

Jay Langsford
    VP, R&D

• 3.  RE: Adherence

Posted 12-02-2022 09:39
    Your comment about Conformance is spot on!

Raymond Hicks
    Sutter Health

• 4.  RE: Adherence

Posted 12-02-2022 09:36

There are so many reasons why you wouldn't want to ignore break/meal for adherence, but aside from that, I don't think that is what is happening here.  The short take away is that you aren't ignoring "On Queue".

If the agent was scheduled for Break/Meal but instead went into another state, then that event would be ignored. At least this is how I interpret it:  https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/configure-historical-adherence/

Another way to think about it is that the agent is not OUT of adherence when scheduled for Time Off, thus they have no opportunity to be IN adherence during that Time Off.  Now apply that same logic to when they are SCHEDULED for Break/Meal.

Raymond Hicks
    Sutter Health

• 5.  RE: Adherence

Posted 12-05-2022 09:43
    Thanks everyone!  I will need to go back to the business as they did NOT want Breaks/Meals scheduled in the schedule as they could change on the fly.  In Engage we could put the rule/exception that even if they were on break/meal (that was not scheduled) they would remain adherent. The way I am reading the responses this is NOT possible in Cloud?

Shirley

Shirley Harbers
    Alcatel-Lucent USA Inc.

• 6.  RE: Adherence

Posted 01-06-2023 07:52
    I too am part of an organization that does not have set break times. Meals however are set - but in the nature of a call center it is not always realistic someone would go on time. During our transition from PureConnect to Cloud, I explained to our CSRs they WILL show out of adherence for breaks, but to ignore it and the alerts that come with it (which right now seems like every 15 minutes). I could not find any other way around this - but unfortunately hands are tied & we must accept those out of adherence notifications. If there is a way around this, I am very interested in finding out more information!

Jacqueline Turner
    New York Central Mutual Fire Insurance Co

• 7.  RE: Adherence

Posted 01-07-2023 07:05
    Edited by System 01-26-2024 19:03
    The standard way is to schedule Breaks and then ignore these for the adherence but if the requirement is not to include these breaks in the schedules then Jay's suggestion is the option to consider. If the agents don't care about notifications at all then you can switch them off for queue activity as well.
    The only other option I can think of is the recent feature "explanations" for running late introduced by Genesys. These running late requests consider users as adherent if am not mistaken.

Hichem Agrebi
    CC-Expertise Ltd

• 8.  RE: Adherence

Posted 01-09-2023 10:24
    Hi Hichem,

Yes I have Break already in there to ignore for adherence, but because they're going off queue - I assume that's the reason the CSRs still get notifications. 

Even when I built in for myself to be off queue and I go on break, I get notifications. 

Jacqueline Turner
    New York Central Mutual Fire Insurance Co-

• 9.  RE: Adherence

Posted 01-09-2023 10:29
    Have you tried to use the running late feature (available only via mobile or API) ?

Hichem Agrebi

• 10.  RE: Adherence

Posted 01-09-2023 10:34
    If that's through Tempo, no unfortunately we don't have it. =(

However, I will bring up to my leadership team to review considering that would be a great resource for our CSRs. (And, it'll be much easier for them vs calling)

Jacqueline Turner
    New York Central Mutual Fire Insurance Co-

• 11.  RE: Adherence

GENESYS
    Posted 01-10-2023 09:24

Jacqueline, 

the good news is that the Tempo app is available through your mobile app store and what the employees have access to is based on their Genesys cloud login and permissions.
    Paul

Paul Wood
    Product Manager for Genesys Cloud Workforce Management

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources