Genesys DX (formerly Bold360)

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Agent Alerts for Chat

Posted 11-28-2022 12:15

Hello,

Hopefully you can help me, I searched documentation and not finding what I want. I am setting up agent chats for a new department. Due to the nature of their work, they may have the Agent Workspace minimized while working. Is there a way to enable a pop out window or some sort of notification other than the audible option?

Also I am curious to find a way to set an agent to away if they don't answer a chat within the allotted time limit that has been set up for "Reassign unanswered message" setting. Currently we have some departments that may only have 1 or 2 agents and if they are predisposed and do not answer chats even though they are "active", we do let the customer know that no agents are available after the Reassign unanswered message threshold is met, but nothing is preventing that customer from reentering the chat window and requesting a live agent again. If we could auto set the agent to away until they mark themselves available again we would be able to provide the customer with the unavailable messaging rather than allowing them to reattempt live chat.

Thank you!

Nicole

------------------------------
    Nicole VanWie
    State of Arizona - City of Mesa

• 2.  RE: Agent Alerts for Chat

GENESYS
    Posted 11-28-2022 16:47
    Hi Nicole,

Let me do some digging on the away part.

For the first one, would the toaster/pop-up notifications shown at the start of this video work?

https://dx.genesys.com/Escalate-SF/2350038251/Video-Agent-Web-Console-Notifications-2-17.htm

The settings to disable  that (or enable as might be the case) would likely differ from browser to browser. Like in Chrome it's under Privacy and security and then Site Settings and then Notifications.

Anthony Romero
    Genesys - Employees

• 3.  RE: Agent Alerts for Chat

Posted 12-06-2022 13:08
    Thanks Anthony. The toaster notifications worked great - I just had to work with my desktop folks to make a change to group policy settings.

For the Away - I did some testing on that one too, it turns out that the account I was testing with was an Administrator and would go to "Away" if I missed the chat notification, but for standard agent accounts they were put in "Away" which works for us...

Thanks!

Nicole VanWie
    State of Arizona - City of Mesa

• 4.  RE: Agent Alerts for Chat

GENESYS
    Posted 12-06-2022 14:04
    Hey Nicole,

Fantastic on the toaster notifications being the solution here! Glad that worked out.

Also thrilled on the natural process for away working out for agents, versus the admin experience there.

Anthony Romero
    Genesys - Employees

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources