Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Agent Interacting Status More Than Logged In Time

Posted 16 days ago
    Edited by John Ohlund 16 days ago

Greetings, we are seeing agents record more Interacting time than Logged In time. In one example, an agent logged a full day of Interacting time with zero logged in time. Is there a specific area we can investigate in our setup? Or do we need to evaluate how agents are logging off for the day? Furthermore, if an agent is somehow routed an Interaction or blind transferred one, will this change their queue status to Interacting?

#Unsure/Other

------------------------------
    John Ohlund
    Newfold Digital

• 2.  RE: Agent Interacting Status More Than Logged In Time

Posted 15 days ago

The first one looks like someone who did not log out the night before so showing more time than the interactions they are on.  The second one did not log in but left an interaction open from the day before without disconnecting it.  

Robert Wakefield-Carl
    ttec Digital
    Sr. Director - Innovation Architects
    Robert.WC@ttecdigital.com
    https://www.ttecDigital.com
    https://RobertWC.Blogspot.com

• 3.  RE: Agent Interacting Status More Than Logged In Time

Posted 14 days ago

Hi @Robert Wakefield-Carl, thank you for the feedback. My telecom team was reviewing these examples and seemed to think there were no active interactions left open. I guess where I am confused is, if an agent logs off, can/should Genesys end any interactions for that agent automatically. Or at least give us the option to set that up, if it is not already available.

John Ohlund
    Newfold Digital

• 4.  RE: Agent Interacting Status More Than Logged In Time

GENESYS
    Posted 13 days ago

Hi @John Ohlund,

Have you tried enabling organization level setting "End Interactions Automatically when Agents Logoff" ? (Enable communication level After Call Work and automatic callbacks - Genesys Cloud Resource Center (mypurecloud.com))

Alternatively you could configure mandatory time-boxed ACW, to ensure that interactions are closed automatically after specified ACW time and agents are available again. (Configure after call work settings - Genesys Cloud Resource Center (mypurecloud.com))

Best,

Georgy Rudnev
    Genesys - Employees

• 5.  RE: Agent Interacting Status More Than Logged In Time

Posted 12 days ago

@Georgy Rudnev thank you for the feedback! I have shared this information with our Telecom team and can circle back here if any further inquiries arise. I am hoping this is the key to ending this item for our company.

Regards,

John Ohlund
    Newfold Digital

• 6.  RE: Agent Interacting Status More Than Logged In Time

Posted 8 days ago

@Georgy Rudnev - I confirmed with my internal team that we have the options recommended above set accordingly. Is there any upcoming feature or change in Genesys Cloud, by chance, that could re-route any active call from an agent if they log off? The "End Interactions Automatically when Agents Logoff" feature only applies to interactions in the ACW state. Part of our concern is if an agent experiences a power interruption or network issue, interactions could hang without the ability to route to an active agent. Our previous on-premise Genesys was able to facilitate this.

Regards,

John Ohlund
    Newfold Digital

• 7.  RE: Agent Interacting Status More Than Logged In Time

GENESYS
    Posted 5 days ago
    Edited by Georgy Rudnev yesterday

Hi  John,

With the option enabled, interactions will not hang but close automatically if an agent disconnects or loses connection for more than some seconds. In addition ACW is applied automatically in that case and if an agent is logged off the interactions will close with a system wrap-up code, ININ-SYSTEM-LOGOUT. (Configure after call work settings - Genesys Cloud Resource Center (mypurecloud.com))

I believe Agents losing internet connection should seldom happen, so you could create alert notifications or schedule callbacks in such a case.

Other than that IMO it seems not trivial to differentiate between a callee disconnecting the call on purpose and a disconnect due to lost internet connection.

You could play around in Architect using an In-Queue flow and Post-Flow action with an IVR, asking the customer after disconnect whether he is happy or whether he wants to get reconnected to the queue or speak to a manager.

See here for more information: https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/set-post-flow-action/

Kind Regards/Viele Grüße,

Georgy

Technical Account Manager, Cloud EMEA

T +49 1523 7709704
    georgy.rudnev@genesys.com

Genesys Cloud Services

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources