Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Agent Script (Screen Pop) not working on specific Outbound Calls

Posted 03-26-2024 19:34

Our customer is reporting that they did not get an Agent Screen Pop when making an Outbound Call via Interactions (On-Behalf of the Queue).

I made a few test calls, and when I make an Outbound Interaction, on-behalf of the queue, can only see the Agent Script pop on the following use cases:

-        - Outbound Call on behalf of the queue to an Internal Genesys Users – Agent Script pops up

-        - Outbound Call on behalf of the queue to an External PSTN DID Number – Agent Script pops up

However, if I repeat the outbound call but call either to an Genesys Inbound Flow or a Queue / ACD, there is no Agent Script presented.

All I can find in the documentation is that the call must be 'On Behalf of the Queue'.
    Can someone please point me in the right direction with regards to the limitations of when the Agent Script gets presented vs NOT presented to the agent?

#Routing(ACD/IVR)

------------------------------
    Art

• 2.  RE: Agent Script (Screen Pop) not working on specific Outbound Calls

Posted 30 days ago

3/27/24 UPDATE:

I was able to repeat this behavior in multiple orgs. Opened up a case with Genesys Support and here is the response I received:

"Unfortunately flows and queues are not valid targets to run a script. This would explain why this happens in the other orgs as well."

Art

• 3.  RE: Agent Script (Screen Pop) not working on specific Outbound Calls

Top 25 Contributor
    Posted 30 days ago

Hi Art,

That response seems like they are missing the point entirely. Since you absolutely set agent script on flows, and in the Queue configuration as a default to use when not going through a flow. 

Sorry I don't know the answer to your question though. 

But to summarise, what you are seeing is, when an Agent in Genesys calls a Genesys DDI that goes to a flow (even with set screen pop action configured), or Queue direct (with default script set), as a purely internal call, ie with no customer on the line, so not a consult/transfer, then it is not displaying the agent script? 

Anton Vroon

• 4.  RE: Agent Script (Screen Pop) not working on specific Outbound Calls

Posted 30 days ago
    Edited by Art Tumanik 30 days ago

Hi Anton,

Your summary is correct. When making an OUTBOUND call on behalf of a queue with an Agent Script attached, it does NOT fire up when calling an Internal IVR(Flow) or ACD(Queue).

I will ask Genesys Support to explain why these use cases are not supported.

Art

• 5.  RE: Agent Script (Screen Pop) not working on specific Outbound Calls

Posted 30 days ago

3/27/24 UPDATE2: Latest response from Genesys Support (in regards to Agent Screen / Screen Pop):

"​An interaction is a means of connecting an internal participant to external participant. When you are calling on behalf of a queue you are the internal participant. Calling on behalf of a queue to another queue or flow would be two internal participants talking to each other and the script does not launch since you have two internal participants talking to each other with no external participant."

Art

• 6.  RE: Agent Script (Screen Pop) not working on specific Outbound Calls

Top 25 Contributor
    Posted 30 days ago

Mother Genesys knows best.

Wish that was up to the organization to decide that behavior, but feel like that would be a feature request.

I do wonder though if you can trick it somehow into thinking it is an external participant. Which seems like an aweful workaround, but if the call goes out external, and then returns back in, eg 0800 or external DDI that forwards back to Genesys DDI. Would that work?

Anton Vroon

• 7.  RE: Agent Script (Screen Pop) not working on specific Outbound Calls

Posted 30 days ago

We do this for call recording.. make internal numbers dial an external DID matched by a number plan reg ex to send out of trunk and back in, bare in mind you will have added call cost as if it stays in edge then no cost.

damien collard
    IP Integration Limited

• 8.  RE: Agent Script (Screen Pop) not working on specific Outbound Calls

Posted 29 days ago

We started to see this issue yesterday in one of our Orgs, mostly for outbound calls, but occasionally for inbound too.

Our design is complex due to regulatory requirements where for outbound calls, once connected to customer, we have to blind transfer the call to another inbound flow for customer consent, and then post consent the customer call comes back to the same agent who made the original outbound call. All working fine until Wednesday close of business.

On Thursday for outbound calls we get no screenpop script, which causes our agents have no way to blind transfer call to for consent processing. In some cases where they do blind transfer, when the call comes back to them, the next script does not display and these scripts both at the time of first outbound interaction & when it comes back to the agent are critical to capture customer information for regulatory & compliance perspective and we were not able to do any outbound calls for the whole day.

A case is with Genesys but not much has been updated on it yet.

Vineet Kakroo
    FIL Fund Services (Bermuda) Limited

• 9.  RE: Agent Script (Screen Pop) not working on specific Outbound Calls

Posted 29 days ago

You can try these use cases in ANY of your Genesys Cloud orgs and reproduce this behavior.
    Here are the outbound scenarios and the result of Screen Pop (Agent Script) launching:

AGENT SCRIPT:

Outbound Call on behalf of a queue >> External PSTN number – Agent Script works

Outbound Call on behalf of a queue >> Internal Genesys User – Agent Script works

NO AGENT SCRIPT:

Outbound Call on behalf of a queue >> INTERNAL E164 PSTN number (routed to Flow in the same org) – Agent Script does NOT launch, blank window in place of screen pop

Outbound Call on behalf of a queue >> INTERNAL Flow Name – Agent Script does NOT launch, blank window in place of screen pop

Outbound Call on behalf of a queue >> INTERNAL Queue Name – Agent Script does NOT launch, blank window in place of screen pop

According to Genesys support: "Calling on behalf of a queue to another queue or flow would be two internal participants talking to each other and the script does not launch since you have two internal participants talking to each other with no external participant."
    That explanation made sense to me at first, however, this logic breaks when you call (on behalf of a queue) to another internal Genesys User – Agent Script works.

Art

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources