Genesys Engage on-premises

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Agent state synchronization across channels

Posted 02-09-2023 15:38

Hello,

I am currently developing an app for Genesys Engage on-premise using .NET SDK 9 which I have some questions:

• We are interested in voice as well as chat integration. I need to connect to at least two servers: chat server and t-server. Is it correct?
    • Do I have to synchronize the agent WorkMode across all channels? For example, the agent receives a call, would Genesys update the state in a way that the agent does not receive a interaction? Or I need to handle it myself? In case Genesys takes care of it, is it configurable to allow simultaneous interactions?

Thanks,

Ahmad

#GenesysEngagePremDev

------------------------------
    Seyed Ahmad Mansouri
    AMC Technology LLC

• 2.  RE: Agent state synchronization across channels

Posted 02-14-2023 07:28
    Edited by Henrique Sujdik 02-14-2023 07:28

Hello, Seyed. This is controlled by your Routing Application (ORS or URS) in conjunction with Stat Server, using what is called "Capacity Rule". Basically, when you are routing an interaction, the routing application enquires Stat Server to see which targets fit your specific criteria. Stat Server, in turn, will check which agents with such criteria are available that have "capacity" to be routed to.

With capacity rules, you can specify which media can be answered at the same time (lets say you want an agent to be able to handle Voice+Chat) and how many of each.

You can read more about it here (old version of the capacity plugin, but the same concepts apply):

https://docs.genesys.com/Special:Repository/81g_pg_rescap.pdf?page=Documentation/System&id=c38105a7-175a-4ae9-ac3e-3b40532b3751

The current way to set up capacity rules is through GAX. You can learn more about it here:

https://docs.genesys.com/Documentation/GA/latest/user/CapacityRules

Henrique Sujdik

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources