Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Agent Utilization and Queue Routing

Posted 08-14-2023 19:04
    Edited by Neil Bernhart 08-21-2023 19:47

I have a queue that only does chat interactions. Each agent has Utilization set for a max of 3 chats. 

In the example below, the manager of the department does not like how Agent B would get the next inbound chat, and Agent C would get the next new chat after that... but Agent A doesn't have any active chats and does not get either of those new chats. This is due to the "idle" counter starting at the end of the last handled interaction. 

• Agent A:
      • active chats - 0
      • last completed chat - 300 seconds 
    • Agent B:
      • active chats - 2
      • last completed chat - 900 seconds
    • Agent C:
      • active chats - 1
      • last completed chat - 600 seconds

Any suggestions on a possible configuration that could use the interaction start time, or at least not pile up chats on one agent before offering to others?

#Routing(ACD/IVR)

#AgentUtilization

------------------------------
    Neil Bernhart

• 2.  RE: Agent Utilization and Queue Routing

Posted 01-02-2024 13:23

Sorry Neil that this never got answered.  I hope you already worked through a solution.  

The distribution depends on the type of routing you are using.  For Best Available, it looks at the skill values of the agents and then idle time since last interaction they were alerted on (not last they hung up on) is used for a tie breaker.  That is the key - it resets the timer each time the agent is alerted - even if they don't accept the chat.  

For All Skills, it looks at that idle time then uses skills as a tiebreaker.  There is nothing in the ACD routing that will look at both for the agent selection.  You can see what the value was when the agent was selected and guess how it chose that particular agent.  

Hope this clears this up for you and again, sorry I didn't see this sooner. 

Robert Wakefield-Carl
    ttec Digital
    Sr. Director - Innovation Architects
    Robert.WC@ttecdigital.com
    https://www.ttecDigital.com
    https://RobertWC.Blogspot.com

• 3.  RE: Agent Utilization and Queue Routing

Posted 01-03-2024 12:31

Thank you Robert.

On this queue, Routing Methos is "Standard", and Evaluation Method is "All skills matching".

To confirm... If I change Evaluation Method to "Best available skills", will it use the last alerted time as the tie breaker like you described?

Neil Bernhart
    California Regional Multiple Listing Service, Inc.

• 4.  RE: Agent Utilization and Queue Routing

Posted 01-03-2024 12:57

Correct.  

All skills matching will look at the latest agents with all the skills required and pass to the agent with the longest time since last alerted interaction and then use skills level only as a tiebreaker

Best available skills will add up skill levels for the agents and pick the best skilled agents and only use longest time since last alerted interaction if there is a tiebreaker

Robert Wakefield-Carl
    ttec Digital
    Sr. Director - Innovation Architects
    Robert.WC@ttecdigital.com
    https://www.ttecDigital.com
    https://RobertWC.Blogspot.com

• 5.  RE: Agent Utilization and Queue Routing

Posted 01-08-2024 08:22

Hi Neil,

You may find this community post helpful as it discusses the same issue. You will also see an explanation of why you are seeing what you are.

Robert's suggestion of distribution type will only help if your agents have different skill proficiencies. Since you don't mention this in your original post, I'm not certain it will help you.

The fundamental problem is that there are two, diametrically opposing, schools of thought on how this should work. Some call centers (like yours, apparently) want interactions evenly distributed across all available agents. Others (mostly those whose agents deal with multiple interaction types) want one agent to be fully utilized before the next is assigned. Genesys have opted for the latter, however I can see a strong argument for making this a configurable option (perhaps on a per-queue basis?) I haven't seen an Idea posted for this, if there isn't one then I recommend creating one over on the Aha site.

HTH

Paul Simpson
    Views expressed are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of my employer.

• 6.  RE: Agent Utilization and Queue Routing

Posted 11 days ago

Hi Paul,

To clarify, 

'Others (mostly those whose agents deal with multiple interaction types) want one agent to be fully utilized before the next is assigned. Genesys have opted for the latter'

I would love this to be the case -

Are you saying if we move to Standard: "All Skills matching" from Standard: "Best Available skills" we would see in the below scenario, each agent would get their fill of chats, before routing a chat to another agent, i.e. If each agent had 2 chats set as their utilisation limit, and if 3 chats entered the queue, we would see the following:

Agent A - chats: 2

Agent B - chats: 1

Agent C - chats: 0

Paul Drake
    Charles Sturt University

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources