Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Alering only for target skill audience

Posted 13 days ago

I just wanted to check, because I couldn't find it either in a topic on the community, can you, when setting up alerts at the queue level, only send a notification alert to agents if they have the target skill? For example, Queue Customer and we have skills Fire and Car, but we know the client wants the Fire skill based on the CRM system. Can only agents with the Fire skill be alerted?

#Routing(ACD/IVR)

------------------------------
    Ruud Waermoes
    AG Insurance

• 2.  RE: Alering only for target skill audience

Posted 13 days ago

It sounds like you are talking about routing an interaction to an appropriate Agent - which is what ACD is.

Alerts are not about alerting an agent to an incoming interaction, but more to (for example) alert a Supervisor that the number of calls waiting in a Queue is above a threshold.

HTH

Paul Simpson
    Views expressed are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of my employer.

• 3.  RE: Alering only for target skill audience

Posted 11 days ago
    Edited by Pierre Mathurin 11 days ago

Hi all, I just want to chime in because I have a question that kind of aligns with what you are experience and what I am trying to figure out.

I have some agents telling me that they keep getting calls from their respective queues even when they don't have the appropriate skills. When I looked at the interactions, I noticed that the initial agent tried to transfer the call to a different queue, but they used conference instead of transfer, which then alerts every agent in that queue with or without the skill needed for the call. I know there's a setting to strip the skill when blind transferring a call, but does conference a call to a queue bypass the skills as well? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Pierre Mathurin
    Numerica Credit Union

• 4.  RE: Alering only for target skill audience

Posted 11 days ago

OK, so it is my understanding that a consult transfer is essentially a new interaction, so it won't have any skills associated with it. The solution would be to create an inbound Call Flow and transfer to that instead. You would then apply the skills inside that Flow prior to putting the interaction in the Queue.

In order to pass the skill requirements from the initial call, or from the transferring agent, you would use Participant Data.

HTH

Paul Simpson
    Views expressed are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of my employer.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources