Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Alternate Language Prompts within an In Queue Common Module

Posted 02-03-2023 19:42
    Hello,

I've encountered an interesting scenario which I've not yet been able to figure out, and wanted to run it by the community forum to see if anyone has suggestions.  I've built out a common module flow which has the purpose of looking up prompts and playing them within an inqueue flow along with hold music sequences.  I've had an existing design for a while that works well, but I recently tried to create and test a Spanish language variant of it. It doesn't seem to recognize the Spanish variant audio, and simply skips over the audio sequences in the play audio action.

• Essentially the sequence of actions is: Find User Prompt > Play Audio using the variable set from the find action.
    • I tried enabling the alternate Spanish sequence on the Play audio action, but that didn't change the behavior.
    • I made sure to re-publish the In Queue flow after I made the change to ensure it had the current version.
    • I think the common module recognizes that the language is set to es-us in that it doesn't try to play the English variant of the same prompt. The In Queue flow also plays the Spanish language audio normally.
    • I have the Spanish language enabled in the supported Languages section. I did notice though that there is an alert showing there that says * Indicates the language does not support runtime data playback, speech recognition, or text to speech. I don't actually see * icons next to either English or Spanish though, so I don't know if that is a general disclaimer or meant to be a context sensitive disclaimer that doesn't apply to the languages I have enabled.
    • The prompts I have set up are designed to use English and Spanish support with uploaded audio. I am not using text to speech in the design.

I have an idea for a workaround in the form of passing along a variable to control the language selection and use that to define the prompt to play, essentially overriding the actual language selection and essentially to get the desired behavior. This would work for my current implementation I think, though I don't like the idea conceptually of creating extra prompts when I already have multi-language prompts built and also working around the built-in language settings.  

So I am hoping someone might have a suggestion for a cleaner solution.

Thanks,

Matt

#ArchitectureandDesign

------------------------------
    Matt Riedl
    AdaptHealth LLC

https://www.credly.com/badges/4823ffbe-4cfc-4552-bcb0-0506a0dc978c/public_url

https://www.credly.com/badges/4a90f46f-6c8e-4863-8e05-ea08701328ca/public_url

• 2.  RE: Alternate Language Prompts within an In Queue Common Module

Posted 03-16-2023 22:56

Two things.

Did you use the Set Language before playing that prompt?

Did you add the Spanish prompt to the User Prompt?  If you are using TTS, you have to click on the Spanish tab on the left and then add the test on the right.  In order to edit those, you have to Enable it when you click on the language.

Robert Wakefield-Carl
    TTEC Digital, LLC fka Avtex Solutions, LLC
    Contact Center Innovation Architect
    https://www.ttecDigital.com
    https://RobertWC.Blogspot.com

• 3.  RE: Alternate Language Prompts within an In Queue Common Module

Posted 03-22-2023 12:33

My implementation was within an inqueue flow leveraging a common module so the language was already set when it hit it.  The prompts also had the relevant audio files.  I was not leveraging TTS.

I didn't update here at the time but the problem essentially self-resolved, though I am not sure how.  I came back to it a few days later and found I couldn't reproduce the problem.  Either I did something elsewhere that had a secondary effect that I can't account for, or there was something going on behind the scenes that cleared.

Matt Riedl
    AdaptHealth LLC

https://www.credly.com/badges/4823ffbe-4cfc-4552-bcb0-0506a0dc978c/public_url

https://www.credly.com/badges/4a90f46f-6c8e-4863-8e05-ea08701328ca/public_url

• 4.  RE: Alternate Language Prompts within an In Queue Common Module

Posted 09-18-2023 11:33
    Hi Matt,

I have just been implementing something similar to what you initially mentioned, I wanted to know if you could guide me.

I am creating an AgentLess Outbound Flow to perform the following actions:

- When the client answers.
    - Read a field from the Contact List.
    - Save that name in a variable.
    - Look for it in the "User Prompts" list.
    - And play it.

This for each customer who calls the campaign.

I hope you can help me, regards.

Virgilio Asencios
    E-Business Distribution Peru S.A.

• 5.  RE: Alternate Language Prompts within an In Queue Common Module

Posted 09-18-2023 13:42

Hi Virgilio,

Unfortunately, I probably won't be able to assist you with this, as I'll be moving on from my current employer at the end of this week.  To provide a bit of general guidance for how you may want to approach it, I would recommend that you get your contact list variable from the call.contact."FieldName" system variable and then use a Find User prompt action to look the result up by string search.  You could also consider using the alternate sequences control for prompts to make them language specific vs using the system variable for language if you encounter difficulties.

From what you are describing, you may not need a common module to manage it, which is where I recall encountering specific difficulty with language variables.

Others on the community may be able to assist you with this as well, but I hope the notes above are helpful toward getting you started.

Thanks,

Matt

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources