PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  AMA: Handling handlers when migrating to Genesys Cloud

GENESYS
    Posted 05-25-2022 12:33
    While there unfortunately isn't a simple tool to convert handler functionality, the Genesys Professional Services teams has developed extensive processes and tools to aid with migration from PureConnect to Genesys Cloud.  This includes tools to analyze handlers and then look for opportunities to utilize existing Genesys Cloud features or build on top of the extensive APIs available in Genesys Cloud.
    #AskMeAnything(AMA)

------------------------------
    Tom Shallon
    Genesys - Employees

• 2.  RE: AMA: Handling handlers when migrating to Genesys Cloud

GENESYS
    Posted 05-25-2022 12:36
    Hey @LaDonna Brown, in my original AMA thread, you asked:

Will there be any sort of tool available to help migrate 19 years worth of customized handlers over to Genesys Cloud or do we essentially have to begin from scratch? We were recently told, by a partner, that someone at Genesys said that they hadn't seen the amount of customized handlers that we have since working with a large client back in 2012. Based on the first question, how long do you think switching to a new platform will take?

Wanted to let you know that Tom has answered it above.
    ​

Matt Lawson
    Genesys - Employees
    Online Community Manager

• 3.  RE: AMA: Handling handlers when migrating to Genesys Cloud

Posted 05-25-2022 12:37
    Professional servers means paid time.  If we're using this as a consideration when evaluating the friction of migrating from PureConnect on premise to Genesys Cloud CX (or however it is branded by the time I submit this message), there should be some effort to provide these tools outside of a PS engagement.

I've used both systems at this point and I am aware of a lot of the shortcomings/additional development that will be required to recreate some of our business processes, but being able to provide that to customers outside of a contractual setting/PS engagement would be a really nice olive branch.

Aaron Lael
    State of Utah - comments on this forum reflect my own personal opinions\observations and are separate from any entity I am otherwise involved in.

• 4.  RE: AMA: Handling handlers when migrating to Genesys Cloud

Posted 05-25-2022 12:54
    Edited by Daniel Brewer II 05-25-2022 12:55
    Aaron, I worked with you in my Job as support for customizations when you were using the PureConnect product before it was farmed out to infosys

Daniel Brewer II
    Stellantis Financial Services, Inc.

• 5.  RE: AMA: Handling handlers when migrating to Genesys Cloud

GENESYS
    Posted 05-25-2022 12:55
    Aaron,

Great suggestion. There are tools that our PS organization uses to migrate. Many times, your account team can generate reports and outputs from these tools and share with the customers as they are having migration discussions. I will take your information and share with the account team and our solutions consulting org to see if we can get you these insights.

Thanks!

Alli McKeon
    Genesys - Employees

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources