Workforce Engagement Management

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  An error occurred attempting to save your changes

Posted 5 days ago

I was attempting to reschedule for about 400 employees the breaks and meals through the reschedule function which I've done before.  This stretches across two MUs.  The reschedule completes and I can review the changes made, approve, and when I go to publish the changes, I get the error in the subject of this topic.

First question i suppose is what is the error and then, why is it preventing the schedule from getting published?  Next, is there a place to see error logs so I might understand more about why the error occurred and what we can do to mitigate?

#Scheduling

------------------------------
    Phil Ploeser
    Auto Club Insurance Association Co.

• 2.  RE: An error occurred attempting to save your changes

GENESYS
    Posted 4 days ago

Is it a transient issue? If so, it could be a merge conflict where someone else made a change to the same base version and published before you attempted to publish.

If it is an every time thing, then I would recommend opening a support ticket.

Jay Langsford
    VP, R&D

• 3.  RE: An error occurred attempting to save your changes

Posted 4 days ago

@Jay Langsford is there anything available to flag when two users are updating the same person/people before they try to publish? This is particularly useful in large organisations where multiple people can be updating schedule requests at the same time. I am certain there was a feature in the past that highlighted when an unpublished change had already been made by another user?

Heather Henderson
    Admiral Group Plc

• 4.  RE: An error occurred attempting to save your changes

GENESYS
    Posted 21 hours ago

I asked the dev team and they said it sounds like a possible bug if it is repeatable. That particular message is not for conflict resolution, but rather a fallback message. So, please create a support ticket in that case.

General automatic conflict resolution is done at the agent level so multiple editors is fine so long as they are not modifying the overlapping agents at the same time. For cases we cannot automatically resolve the message displayed to the user would inform them of the specifics (second user attempting to submit would be notified which user submitted first).

Jay Langsford
    VP, R&D

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources