Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Answered Vs Handling - Specifically for Threaded Emails

Posted 15 days ago

Hey all 

I've read through the Resource Centre article comparing Answered and Handled interactions, however, I'm struggling to equate this to emails, specifically emails which have been threaded.

I'm trying to equate Waiting Interactions with a simple calculation of previous WIP (work in progress at a particular time each day) to offered emails daily, minus answered or handled emails in that day. I can never reconcile these numbers, my WIP doesn't match that calculation.  Both the answered and handled are too low (compared to the offered number).

As emails can be threaded (we've left it at the default 30 days), I've filtered to the last 7 days, direction set to just inbound, and media type only email.  I have 2066 Offered, but an interactions report exported only have 1866 rows of data.  I've exported the segments columns, and cannot get these to add up to 2066.  Is there a column to indicate if an email has been threaded or how many segments have been threaded?

Handled and answered can't be compared like this - as you can't filter to the answered date.  I understand answered to be how many email interactions have been answered, rather than how many emails have been answered.  Considering we have no internal transfers, what would cause our handled number to always be higher than our answered?  Would handle refer to handling all segments of a particular email thread, or just the number of interactions handled?

Coming back to WIP, is this a feasible metric that should be available in standard reporting.  I want to be able to report the movement of work over 3-6 months in an easy to understand format, rather than collating daily, or attempting to calculate seperately?

#DigitalChannels

------------------------------
    Riyaz Kothia
    Openreach Limited

• 2.  RE: Answered Vs Handling - Specifically for Threaded Emails

Posted 7 days ago

A few things here.  Answered are usually inbound only, while handled could be inbound or outbound (initiated by the agent).  Also, since Emails are asynchronous with a half-life of 30 days before they decay (a bit of SiFi there), you may not see the full interaction count until the Emails actually end.  You will have to wait for the variable end session stuff that we expect out this year to get up to date reporting on these. 

Robert Wakefield-Carl
    ttec Digital
    Sr. Director - Innovation Architects
    Robert.WC@ttecdigital.com
    https://www.ttecDigital.com
    https://RobertWC.Blogspot.com

• 3.  RE: Answered Vs Handling - Specifically for Threaded Emails

Posted 3 days ago

Thanks for the reply Robert.  Really looking forward to this.  

@Cedric Bourgeois @Cedric Bourgeois @Atsushi Hirano @Jody Nabuurs I believe this has started a number of days after email threading timeline was rolled out, not seen this before, and we've not had configuration changes.  Are you able to advise on any of the points I've raised above, real struggle putting the data together to make sense.

Riyaz Kothia
    Openreach Limited

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources