Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Anyone know if this is doable in Genesys? (customer schedules voice callback based on time slot/resource availability

Posted 01-26-2023 11:46
    Today part of my business uses a tool called Engageware (aka Time trade) in their technical support area.  It's used in two purposes - 1) customers with premium plans can to to a link and schedule a callback (though on the back end, we control what slots are available based on resource planning), and 2) for our very small lower volume product teams, if level 1 cannot resolve it,  they to to a link and schedule a callback on the customer's behalf.  What is done on the back end is we reserve for example 3 1 hour slots from 09:00-14:00,  or 2 30 minute slots from 8:00-16:00, to be chosen from. 

When the customer is called, its just an outbound call, not integrated with WFM/Resourcing or rolled up reporting.  Ideally we'd like it it to use the Genesys callback.  I'm curious if anyone is doing something similarly with Genesys today or knows of a third party that does this that better integrates with Genesys.

I hope this makes sense?
    #Outbound
    #Unsure/Other

------------------------------
    Kyle Horton
    SAGE GLOBAL SERVICES LIMITED

• 2.  RE: Anyone know if this is doable in Genesys? (customer schedules voice callback based on time slot/resource availability

GENESYS
    Posted 02-09-2023 15:22

Hi @Kyle Horton 

Your question has an answer on the latest episode of The Q&A Show! Take a look at the 24:40 mark. Thank you for submitting your question! 

Nicole Milliken
    Genesys - Employees

• 3.  RE: Anyone know if this is doable in Genesys? (customer schedules voice callback based on time slot/resource availability

GENESYS
    Posted 02-09-2023 18:43

@Nicole Milliken and @George Ganahl it seems like the main ask in this post is to limit the number of callbacks allowed to be scheduled in the first place, so that an influx of customer requests don't all land in the same small time period. Do you have thoughts on that part, the answer in the Q&A did not touch on this.

Brad Murlin
    Zillow, Inc.

• 4.  RE: Anyone know if this is doable in Genesys? (customer schedules voice callback based on time slot/resource availability

GENESYS
    Posted 02-09-2023 19:00

In my rambling answer I kind of presumed that the back end slot allocation would be used to modify the linked web page and present only those time slots as available for the customer or agent to choose from when scheduling the call. Then the web page would update the aforementioned back end when a new callback is scheduled (probably using a randomized time during the slot), and the back end would stop making that slot available on the web page once a specified limited number of callbacks have been scheduled for that slot.

Or something along those lines.

But controlled via the back end and linked web page (both of which are external to Genesys Cloud, though could be pulled into a Script for the agent to access).

George Ganahl GCP (Genesys Cloud)
    Principal PS Consultant
    Genesys

• 5.  RE: Anyone know if this is doable in Genesys? (customer schedules voice callback based on time slot/resource availability

Posted 02-14-2023 13:11

thanks will take it as advisement - I was aware of the App Foundry but wasn't sure I was filtering down the search correctly

Kyle Horton

• 6.  RE: Anyone know if this is doable in Genesys? (customer schedules voice callback based on time slot/resource availability

Posted 02-09-2023 19:05
    Edited by Vaun McCarthy 02-09-2023 19:07

Similar functionality is possible in Engage chat natively but missing here:

https://genesyscloud.ideas.aha.io/ideas/WFMSCH-I-55

Vaun McCarthy

• 7.  RE: Anyone know if this is doable in Genesys? (customer schedules voice callback based on time slot/resource availability

Posted 02-14-2023 13:10

That is correct.   It would need to manage/control how  many slots were available at any particular time.  but I appreciate everyones inputs!

Kyle Horton

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources