Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Architect call flow for Rotating schedules

Posted 05-31-2023 23:58

Hi All,

hope someone can assist. 

I've been searching everywhere to see if its possible to action a rotating schedule by using datatable excel spreadsheets rather than using Architect call flow designs.

This will  allow me to update the list easier in datatable list if ever some manual adjustments are required as the list is a weekly roster schedule that has a 6 months of weekly schedules.

Objective: the list will have different call route each week so it is never the same for each week.

example:

week 1 = call route 1

week 2 = call route 2

week 3 = call route 3 ect..... up to  6months worth weekly schedules.

Thanks

Adam

#ArchitectureandDesign

------------------------------
    Adam Kim
    Australian Unity Group Services Pty Ltd

• 2.  RE: Architect call flow for Rotating schedules

Top 25 Contributor
    Posted 06-01-2023 18:11
    Edited by Lawrence Drayton 06-01-2023 20:26

Hey Adam, 

Your best bet here would be to have this as a data table in Genesys and have your architect flow reference the table. You could write an expression to extrapolate the week and then get the flow you want to transfer from that. Just a follow-up question, is the flow the same but maybe a different prompt played per week?? Not to pry, but to understand your use case better might unearth a different method

Lawrence Drayton
    Prvidr Pty Ltd

• 3.  RE: Architect call flow for Rotating schedules

Posted 06-01-2023 20:39

Hi @Lawrence Drayton

Thanks for the response. The flow would be the same each week but the only difference is that each week it is to be transferred to a different (phone number)

so as for example

>> customer calls in

architect checks from data table for 

IF = week 1 / date = transfer to call flow A > phone number 3333

IF = week 2 / date = transfer to call flow B > phone number 4444

and so on based on week or dates ect as above

There's potentially 6-10 weeks of different phone numbers to transfer the customer to.

This is the tricky part... what type of expression in architect do i write to tell it to look for current day/date/week in data table????

Adam Kim

• 4.  RE: Architect call flow for Rotating schedules

Top 25 Contributor
    Posted 06-01-2023 21:24

Hey @Adam Kim

Yeah, I can solve for that. Please see below :)

You'll want to have an "Update Data" block at the start of your flow with 3 update statements. Two are as a date time and another as an integer. (I'll use my eg for variable names but the expressions need to be exact)

1 - Update Statement - Datetime (This gets me UTC at runtime)
    Variable name: currentUTCtime
    Expression/value "GetCurrentDateTimeUtc()"

2 - Update Statement - Datetime (This gets me to Sydney time)
    Variable name: UTCminus11hours
    Expression/value "AddHours(GetCurrentDateTimeUtc(),-11)"

2 - Update Statement - Integer (This gets me the week of the year)
    Variable name: getWeekNumber
    Expression/value "WeekNum(Flow.StartDateTimeUtc)"

Now, you will have a data table - I've set mine up simply with a key of "weeknumber" and then another of "phoneNumber" (see screenshots) 

Then after the updated data statements you have a data table lookup.In the input do an expression "toString(Task.getWeekNumber)" and in the found output put "toPhoneNumber" 

Then in your transfer to the phone number use the variable "toPhoneNumber" as an expression

I've attached screenshots and an export of the flow parts I used that you can upload (Don't upload to your main as it will overwrite but can use in a new flow to test"

Lawrence Drayton
    Prvidr Pty Ltd

• 5.  RE: Architect call flow for Rotating schedules

Top 25 Contributor
    Posted 06-01-2023 21:26
      |   view attached

Here is the flow - didn't upload without zipping it 

Lawrence Drayton
    Prvidr Pty Ltd

Attachment(s)

• 6.  RE: Architect call flow for Rotating schedules

Posted 06-08-2023 22:26

Hi Lawrence

Thank you for your contribution and assistance. I've tried your method and was not successful unfortunately. I think mostly likely from my end due to lack of understanding the concept you have put through.

However I've managed to figure it out by simply working with Architect + Evaluation Schedule groups and it has worked for me... (more like a long work around but it works)

Here's the process:

1 - create schedule group SG_John and other people as you require

2 - create schedule hours for John examples: SH_John_19th_Jun, SH_John_22nd_Jun and so on...

3 - add all of John's Schedule hours into the SG_John

4 - in Architect just simply create the design to "Evaluate Schedule Groups"

5 - Open hours Transfer to John's mobile, if Closed "Evaluate Schedule Groups" for next person in the list and so on... until your last person on the list.. 

6 - for the last person in the list Close hours you simply transfer to call to a default phone to whatever it is suppose to be if all of the above criteria are not met.

With the design above it has allow me to simply remove just the Schedule hours of anyone if ever business decides to have a change of minds on the rotation and all I need to do is simply delete and add any new Schedule hours in Admin and apply accordingly to the Schedule group of individuals.

Yes i understand that this is a longer process vs Spreadsheets datatable 

Adam Kim

• 7.  RE: Architect call flow for Rotating schedules

Top 25 Contributor
    Posted 06-08-2023 22:34

Hey Adam! 

No worries at all and happy to try and be of some help - and hey a work around is still a work around haha ;) If you do ever want to try the above again, I would be happy to jump on a call and provide some assistance and help with the concepts/walkthrough etc. 

Lawrence Drayton
    Prvidr Pty Ltd

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources