Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Architecting a menu with dial by extension function.

Posted 09-23-2022 17:38
    Hello, So we are in the process of migrating our main number over to Genesys, current state our menu has different DTMF options but also has the ability to Dial by Extension. I am trying to copy that behavior in architecting the design in Genesys.  A little information about our current setup, We have a hybrid Genesys/ Avaya system and we have Genesys/Avaya tie-in configured Effectively, when an extension is dialed in Genesys that doesn't fall within our defined extension pools, it assumes its an Avaya and transfers it to our PBX. The question I have is when setting up the dial by extension function in Genesys, does it have the ability to transfer to an Avaya extension? It seems like I can only transfer within Genesys. Any help would be appreciated!
    #ArchitectureandDesign

------------------------------
    Andrew Saltonstall
    Pensacola Christian College, Inc.

• 2.  RE: Architecting a menu with dial by extension function.
    Best Answer

GENESYS
    Posted 09-23-2022 18:06
    You're correct, the dial by extension will only succeed if the number the caller enters matches an existing extension.  However if it doesn't match, you can put a transfer to number action in the failure path and transfer to the number they dialed (whatever variable you used for the Extension Data Name).  Make sure you use expression mode in the transfer to number action Number field.  Also decide what to do if the dial by extension timed out or if the transfer to number failed.

Melissa Bailey
    Genesys - Employees

• 3.  RE: Architecting a menu with dial by extension function.

Posted 09-27-2022 09:01
    That did it! Thank you so much for your help!

Andrew Saltonstall
    Pensacola Christian College, Inc.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources