Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Ask for Yes/No doesn't always get it right

Posted 02-12-2023 14:14

I'm new around here. I searched but didn't find any other discussions about this topic.

I'm testing out my first bot flow. The 'Ask for Yes/No' function occasionally hears a 'No' as a 'Yes'. I thought perhaps it was just me mumbling. It happened to someone else who was testing the bot flow as well. Is there any tuning or adjusting that can be done with that? I haven't found any so far. I thought maybe it accepts a wide variety of words for the 'Yes' and 'No' values, so I set up a slot with a custom slot type that only has 'Yes' and 'No' list values. That way I can enter the synonyms that will be accepted as the yes and no values. Even with that, it will occasionally act like I said 'Yes' when I think I clearly said 'No'. At least I can turn on verification with the Ask For Slot function, but what if it hears the yes/no wrong when it verifies?

In a couple of places, I have prompted the caller to say a specific phrase instead of a yes/no in order to get around it. For example, instead of asking "Would you like to ask a question?", I have it say "If you would like to ask a question, say 'Ask a question'". I really want to ask a simple yes/no question in some places, though.

Has anyone else experienced this? If so, how did you fix it or work around it?

Dave

#ConversationalAI(Bots,AgentAssist,etc.)

------------------------------
    Dave Halderman
    Thedacare Inc

• 2.  RE: Ask for Yes/No doesn't always get it right

Posted 02-13-2023 04:17

Hi Dave,

I'm not a pro there either, but I've had similar problems. For one thing, it was because we were accepting voice input throughout the flow, not just in the menu. You can disable "Enable speech recognition for the entire flow" in the "Speech Recognition" menu. There you can set the basic setting for the recognition tolerance too ("Default Flow-Level Speech Settings"). You can also adjust the acceptance threshold individually in each menu under "Speech Recognition Options".
    Bonus question: Is the correct language stored in the flow? Not that the flow e.g. tries to understand German while the desired language is English.

Best regards
    Christoph

Christoph Domaschke
    CRONBANK AG

• 3.  RE: Ask for Yes/No doesn't always get it right

Posted 02-13-2023 07:19

Hello,

I found using Yes/No that I receive a lot of false-negatives and false-positives. I would get 'yeah no' for an example trying to say yes. I ended up using slots instead as it gave me better accuracy. 

Matthew Raleigh
    Thermo Fischer CRG
    Sr. IT COMM Eng.

• 4.  RE: Ask for Yes/No doesn't always get it right

Posted 02-13-2023 15:32

I can't really fault it if a caller says "Yeah no". :D I ended up using my own yes/no slot type throughout my flow. By only having a couple synonyms for "Yes" and "No", I was able to get very accurate and consistent results. Thanks for the tips!

Dave Halderman
    Thedacare Inc

• 5.  RE: Ask for Yes/No doesn't always get it right

Posted 03-10-2023 07:47

Hi,

We also found the "Yes/No" block to not be performing as it should, as a result a case was raised with Customer Care who are in the process of resolving the issue as it has transpired that the ASR engine isn't behaving as it should.

This case is ongoing within our Org, if you are still experiencing issues I would recommend raising a case with Care against your Org in question. 

Josh Coyle
    Sabio Ltd

• 6.  RE: Ask for Yes/No doesn't always get it right

Posted 03-30-2023 14:32

Josh, did you get a resolution to your ASR recognition issue? I have a customer that has dramatically increased recognition error rates as of 2/21/23. I'm wondering if there was a larger issue than just your situation. 

Kevin Goodwin
    Mediu, Inc.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources