Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Assistance in Callback block in in-queue flow.

Posted 5 days ago

Hi All -  I'm seeking guidance on optimizing our call flow management using Genesys. Currently, we manage over 20 queues with a dedicated callback queue. I'm in the process of developing an in-queue call flow and have updated the callback block to trigger when EWT exceeds 5 minutes.

The objective is to ensure that if a customer opts for a callback, their request is directed to our dedicated callback queue instead of remaining in their originally selected IVR queue. This callback queue will be staffed by agents from all our queues to improve efficiency and customer service.

Thank you for your expertise!

#ArchitectureandDesign

------------------------------
    Thanks,

Saravana Kumar M.
    Accenture LLP

• 2.  RE: Assistance in Callback block in in-queue flow.

Top 25 Contributor
    Posted 3 days ago

HI Saravana,

You could Transfer To Flow, then use the Create Callback action there, which does allow you to specify the queue,

or look at the Callback APIs

like POST /api/v2/conversations/{conversationId}/participants/{participantId}/callbacks - If you want it connected to the current call and participant

or 

POST /api/v2/conversations/callbacks - If the linking doesn't matter

Anton Vroon

• 3.  RE: Assistance in Callback block in in-queue flow.

Posted 3 days ago

Hi Anton - I tried the first option, but unfortunately, it didn't work as expected. It seems to be queuing based on the customer's selection. Since I haven't worked with APIs before, I'm unsure how to proceed with this. I'll investigate internally and get back to you as soon as possible.

I'm implementing an in-queue call flow:

• Hold Music: 30 seconds of hold music.
    • Estimated Wait Time Announcement: After the 30 seconds of hold music, it will announce the estimated wait time.
      • If the estimated wait time is 5 minutes or more, it will offer a callback option.
      • If no action is selected, it will return to the hold music again.
      • If the estimated wait time is less than 5 minutes, it will continue announcing the estimated wait time after each 30-second hold music interval.

Could you please provide an exported flow that you've used, or any assistance you can offer on this?

Thanks,

Saravana Kumar M.
    Accenture LLP

• 4.  RE: Assistance in Callback block in in-queue flow.

Top 25 Contributor
    Posted 2 days ago

We view callbacks as a virtual hold, so it doesn't make sense for us to put callbacks into a dedicated separate queue, not from a customer or a resourcing perspective, for us callbacks go to the same queue so works with the In Queue Create Callback Action. So I don't really have anything setup for your particular setup to share.

However, the inbound flow (if you transfer to flow) lets you set the queue the callback should be sent to.

Here is a basic example of what that may look like in an inbound flow:

If you go down the API route, if you don't have experience with it, I would recommend watching the DevCast Tutorial video on DataActions as a starting point, and check out the Beyond training courses.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BO9tQNK25bA

Anton Vroon

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources