PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Attendants Profiles Wild Cards

Posted 03-20-2024 17:23
    Hi Team

Could someone help me with the following question?

I have recently received a case report, where the client tells us that he is receiving incoming calls through a DID and these calls are answered by a custom attendant who is currently out of service. So we proceeded to review the configuration of the attendant profile and we saw that in the Inbound Call Profile / Incoming Call Selection frame / Use this profile to process incoming calls with any of the following DNIS (the number the caller dialed) values, the values configured there were commented with a double hyphen, for example: --2886,--9874,--23737879 causing that attendant to be configured as a default profile. 

Generally we use the double hyphen to comment the value 
    Then, if the did does not match any attendant profile, the call is entered by the profile whose values are commented with double hyphen.
    Regards 
    RG

#Routing(ACD/IVR)

------------------------------
    Rafael Guillen
    Cibercall USA Corp

• 2.  RE: Attendants Profiles Wild Cards

Posted 03-20-2024 17:39

This is the full formatting help:

From here

When I tested two dashes in front of a number in our development environment (--123456) as an extension, I arrived at the profile without issue dialing 123456 from the client, and it did not impede me from dialing anything else in our dev environment.

Aaron Lael
    State of Utah - comments on this forum reflect my own personal opinions\observations and are separate from any entity I am otherwise involved in.

• 3.  RE: Attendants Profiles Wild Cards

Posted 03-20-2024 18:06

Hi Aaron

Thanks for you support

I reproduced the same scenario as you with the same result.

Now, make sure that only the values are commented with double hyphen in that attendant profile, Then in another attendant of your test environment, comment the dnis value with letters, for example:

And call that dnis, when in my environment I do that, the call is directed to the attendant profile whose value is commented with double dash. Can you help me to check this scenario in your environment?
    My version is PureConnect 2023 R2 Patch 8
    Regards
    RG

Rafael Guillen
    Cibercall USA Corp

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources