Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Audible alerting continues even after Accepting the inbound call and speaking with customer. Anyone else seeing this ?

Posted 03-06-2024 08:12

We recently started to see reports of Audible alerting / ringing, continuing even after the agent has accepted the call and is speaking with the customer.

Opened a case, but wanted to check within the community if anyone else is seeing this in the past week or so.

thanks

john

#Telephony

------------------------------
    John Korn
    Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc.

• 2.  RE: Audible alerting continues even after Accepting the inbound call and speaking with customer. Anyone else seeing this ?
    Best Answer

Posted 03-08-2024 11:06

Are your agents running multiple instances of the client? (Either multiple browser tabs, or perhaps the Desktop App and an Embedded client.) Genesys does not support doing this and I have seen this effect when you try.

HTH

Paul Simpson
    Views expressed are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of my employer.

• 3.  RE: Audible alerting continues even after Accepting the inbound call and speaking with customer. Anyone else seeing this ?

Posted 07-12-2024 09:40

This still creeps up from time to time.. Anyone seeing this or have seen ?  thanks.

[John] [Korn]
    [Views expressed are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of my employer.]

• 4.  RE: Audible alerting continues even after Accepting the inbound call and speaking with customer. Anyone else seeing this ?

Posted 07-15-2024 17:46
    Edited by Joe Ulrich 07-15-2024 17:47

Yes, we were seeing this and it turned out to be our Jabra wireless headsets (Jabra 65 Evolve2) and the dongle that is associated with them. 

To resolve this:

• We installed the Jabra Direct application on the agents computer.
    • Once installed, we went to the configuration settings for the Link 380 dongle
    • Under Softphone (pc), we disabled the 'Ringtone in headset (Bluetooth)' feature.  
      • The tool tile for this states - 'When Enabled, a ringtone will be played by the headset for incoming calls.  Enable this if your softphone does not play a ringtone.'
      • This was the extra ringtone the agent was hearing, which never ended.
    • Once done on the agents machine, our agents have not had this issue re-occur, going on 6 months now.

Hope this helps.

Joe Ulrich
    Evolve Bank & Trust

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources