PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Authentication Error with Interaction Fax

Posted 01-16-2024 12:21

I have someone who has been using Interaction Fax for a while with no issue and then yesterday they went to login and it gives an authentication error.  They though can login to Interaction Desktop with no issue.  They are using domain authentication for both and not the Genesys user name/password.  

Have two other people with the same setup and having no issues.  Verified the domain password is not expired.

#Unsure/Other

------------------------------
    Jon Mercer

• 2.  RE: Authentication Error with Interaction Fax

Posted 01-16-2024 16:49

I'd check to make sure the AD side is setup with the Genesys account inside IA.

Luke Murphy
    Genesys Cloud Developer
    CCS Medical

• 3.  RE: Authentication Error with Interaction Fax

Posted 01-16-2024 17:38

It is, and it was working fine till yesterday and nothing was changed with their AD account.

Jon Mercer

• 4.  RE: Authentication Error with Interaction Fax

Posted 01-16-2024 17:42

Do these users use Interaction Administrator at all?  If so, have you had them try to log in with that?

IA is a little bit "special" compared to the other applications where it requires valid certificates from the IC server to log in, even where IC Business Manager and Interaction Desktop don't, and since Interaction Fax is a bit of a "relic" as I'd wonder if it doesn't have the same potential quirk.

You should be able to turn up the trace logs for the application to 100 and look through for error messages to try to get an idea as to why the login is failing.

Aaron Lael
    State of Utah - comments on this forum reflect my own personal opinions\observations and are separate from any entity I am otherwise involved in.

• 5.  RE: Authentication Error with Interaction Fax

Posted 01-16-2024 17:48

They don't us IA just desktop and fax.  Two other people use fax just fine with the same permissions for whatever that might be worth.  I know how authentications can get weird for one person and work fine for someone else with all the same setup.

For now, I setup up the username/password for them in IA and they were able to login with that.

Jon Mercer

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources