View Only
Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

Auto Answer, Whisper and Alerting Enhancements

• 1.  Auto Answer, Whisper and Alerting Enhancements

GENESYS
    Posted 01-25-2023 08:58
    Hi Genesys Cloud CX Community!

Over the past few weeks, there have been several questions around auto answer, whisper and alerting.
    On behalf of the product management team, I apologize for any disruption and confusion around these topics.
    Moving forward, I did want to start an article to help clarity the current state, professional service options and future roadmap in this area.
    Hope this helps and as always interested in community feedback.
    Thanks! Zach

Current State

-Auto Answer ON, Whisper = Null – The edge/media tier plays a short 'beep' to indicate to the agent that a call is being connected

-Auto Answer ON, Whisper = Configured – The edge/media tier plays the customer recorded message or audio file

PS Option

-A script can be run to assist a customer in a) having a ring tone audio file play prior to a previously configured whisper message or b) just add a longer ring tone audio file to play where a whisper message was null (this would play in place of the short 'beep' that is played today for customers that want a longer ring).  If you are interested in having PS assistance, please reach out to your CSM or TAM to get started.  For those that would like to configure on their own, here is a good article about whisper prompts to help get you started = https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/set-whisper-audio-action/.

Future State

-Product enhancement to allow customers to modify the "beep" played when Auto Answer is ON and Whisper = Null https://genesyscloud.ideas.aha.io/ideas/TEL-I-419

-Product enhancement to provide greater flexibility for UI alerts for both voice & digital https://genesyscloud.ideas.aha.io/ideas/DIG-I-842

-Note: No ETA yet; however, the team is committed to chartering/scoping the work soon and then prioritizing against other work in flight…stay tuned.

Thanks again and have a great day!
    #Roadmap/NewFeatures

------------------------------
    Zach Brettnacher
    Genesys - Employees

• 2.  RE: Auto Answer, Whisper and Alerting Enhancements

GENESYS
    Posted 02-01-2023 09:00

Hi Zach, 

First of all, thanks for this post. It really helps to clarify the situation for me.

Could you tell us more about the ETA for the Future state?
    Do you have an estimate of when the scope of work is expected to be completed?
    As you can imagine, we are eager to have this feature in Genesys Cloud.

Best Regards 
    ---------------------------
    Cedric Bourgeois
    Genesys- Employee
    --------------------------

Cedric Bourgeois
    Genesys - Employees

• 3.  RE: Auto Answer, Whisper and Alerting Enhancements

GENESYS
    Posted 02-01-2023 10:06
    Absolutely, we are working to update the below Idea links shortly with some ETAs here soon.

https://genesyscloud.ideas.aha.io/ideas/TEL-I-419

https://genesyscloud.ideas.aha.io/ideas/DIG-I-842

Zach Brettnacher
    Genesys - Employees

• 4.  RE: Auto Answer, Whisper and Alerting Enhancements

Posted 02-03-2023 15:30
    Edited by Marcus Hanna 02-03-2023 15:30
    Thanks for the post Zach.

Our agents are struggling with auto answer because other than the whisper, they have zero notice that they are connected to a caller.  A few things would help:
    1) a ringtone/alert played after the whisper is the most requested modification (I suppose an alert prior to the whisper as you indicated in the original post would help, but the link provided to configure does not explain how to accomplish that). Agents report that at times the whisper fails to play or they don't hear it and then they just have someone sitting there in silence. 
    2) With auto answer, if you remove your headset to give your ears a break, there isn't any alert that you are being connected to a caller.  Why doesn't the option to play an audio alert over the computer speakers work with auto answer?  That's likely the most relevant workflow for alerts over the computer speakers, with no alert, there's no audible indication that a call is connecting.  We have has countless upset messages over this forcing agents to wear their headsets nonstop. 

Appreciate any insights/solutions.

Thanks,

Marcus Hanna
    Conduit Health Partners

• 5.  RE: Auto Answer, Whisper and Alerting Enhancements

Posted 02-03-2023 16:55
    @Marcus Hanna, we are also experiencing your second issue.
    Before the recent updates the agents could hear the ringing (with auto answer) on their speakers, and now that the ringing has been removed and we were left with no other means to alert the agents over the speaker (Both the "beep" and the whisper seem to not play over the speakers... Is that the same thing you are experiencing?)

@Zach Brettnacher, could you please clarify for me if this is what is planned to be updated in Idea "​DIG-I-842"?

I would also like to clarify something regarding the other idea ("TEL-I-419").
    It is my understanding that the whisper prompt set on a queue is only played when a call comes through a flow before being put on the queue. Is that correct?
    I ask that because I noticed the whisper not playing when agents transfer a call to a queue (even though that second queue has the whisper set on it), and they also don't play if an agent calls directly to a queue... Instead, on those situations, the default beep sound is played.

So my question is, with the update coming on Idea "TEL-I-419", by modifying the default beep sound, would the new prompt also be applied to transferred calls and to when agents call a queue directly?

Marcello Jabur
    Interaxa Brasil Tecnologia e Informatica Ltda

• 6.  RE: Auto Answer, Whisper and Alerting Enhancements

Posted 02-03-2023 17:21
    Correct, through the speakers- no sound at all, through the headset- only the whisper or at times no whisper (I've not validated the "no whisper" complaint yet myself but have had it reported dozens of times).  ​

Marcus Hanna
    Conduit Health Partners

• 7.  RE: Auto Answer, Whisper and Alerting Enhancements

GENESYS
    Posted 02-03-2023 17:42
    Hi Marcus,
    Sorry to hear about the continued challenges.  Your agents should hear an audible beep when auto answer is on and whisper is not enabled for ACD calls.  Please open a support case and our care team would be happy to help investigate.

For configuring whisper to play a ring, you can navigate to Admin > Contact Center > Queues > Voice > Whisper Audio > Play Whisper for All Agents.  You can then select an existing prompt that plays the desired ring or upload your own in Architect > Prompts.

Hi Marcello, 
    You are correct, the above would only play via the headset / configured output device.  ​DIG-I-842 would be the enhancement to play over your computer speakers even if a headset is connected for audio.

Have a great weekend and appreciate the feedback.  We are evolving our process to notify customers earlier for these types of changes moving forward.  See = https://community.genesys.com/discussion/evolving-our-process?ReturnUrl=%2fcommunities%2fcommunity-home1%2fdigestviewer%3fcommunitykey%3dbab95e9c-6bbe-4a13-8ade-8ec0faf733d4.

Zach Brettnacher
    Genesys - Employees

• 8.  RE: Auto Answer, Whisper and Alerting Enhancements

Posted 02-03-2023 17:51
    Hi Zach,

Thank you for the information regarding DIG-I-842.

About the evolution of the process to notify customers, that's also great news, thank you for sharing!

Lastly, and I'm sorry to be asking again, but when you have some time, could you clarify my question about Idea TEL-I-419 (From my previous post above). I just want to make sure I understand the proposed updates that will be coming, before I can mention this to our customers.

You also have a great weekend! Thank you once again!

Marcello Jabur

• 9.  RE: Auto Answer, Whisper and Alerting Enhancements

GENESYS
    Posted 02-06-2023 09:59
    Edited by Zach Brettnacher 02-06-2023 09:58
    Hi Marcello, 
    Re: transferring to a queue with whisper after initial inbound flow, I ran a quick test and my whisper played as configured.  Can you run a quick test as well and let me know if you are seeing different results?

Thanks! Zach

Zach Brettnacher
    Genesys - Employees

• 10.  RE: Auto Answer, Whisper and Alerting Enhancements

Posted 02-06-2023 10:27

Hi Zach, how are you?

Thank you for taking the time to test and help us.

But this is very very strange... I just made a new test and you are correct, it worked... But we made several tests last week (This involved 4 different people testing), and this was never working. We even commented several times between us on how strange it was that this was developed like that, as it made no sense.

But now it is in fact working...

Are you able to confirm to us that nothing changed this weekend? No bug fixes or something like that? Because this seems very strange, we were absolutely sure that this didn't work.

But anyway, since this worked, I also made another test (which were part of all the tests we made last week), and this one still doesn't work for us. Could you clarify if it's supposed to work or if this is expected? This test would be agents calling the queue directly, and in this case there is no whisper for the agent that receives the call through the queue. Is this expected?

Thanks once again! Have a great day!

Marcello Jabur

• 11.  RE: Auto Answer, Whisper and Alerting Enhancements

GENESYS
    Posted 02-06-2023 10:33
    Hi Marcello,
    Glad to hear most are now working for you.  For the one that is not, could you please open a Care ticket and have them look into?  They can also advise if any recent changes.

Thanks again, Zach

Zach Brettnacher
    Genesys - Employees

• 12.  RE: Auto Answer, Whisper and Alerting Enhancements

Posted 02-06-2023 10:37
    Zach, sure, no problem.

Thank you very much for your help!

Marcello Jabur

• 13.  RE: Auto Answer, Whisper and Alerting Enhancements

Posted 02-06-2023 10:12
    Zach, I'll try to clarify my issue.  We must have the whisper play, that's how the agent is alerted as how to answer the call.  We also need an alert, just the quick whisper is not enough notice.  
    The ask is (auto answer is ON):
    1. how to have a ring tone AND whisper play over the headset?
    2. how to configure an alert to play through the computer speakers when a call comes in?

Thanks,

Marcus Hanna
    Conduit Health Partners

• 14.  RE: Auto Answer, Whisper and Alerting Enhancements

GENESYS
    Posted 02-06-2023 10:21
    Hi Marcus,
    For #1, you would need to create a prompt that plays a ring tone and your whisper message in a single recording.  For example, I used a recording tool to capture the desired ring tone followed by my whisper message and then I uploaded it as a prompt in Architect.

For #2, DIG-I-842 will be required.

Let me know if this helps!
    Zach​​

Zach Brettnacher
    Genesys - Employees

• 15.  RE: Auto Answer, Whisper and Alerting Enhancements

GENESYS
    Posted 06-01-2023 10:13
    Edited by Zach Brettnacher 06-01-2023 10:14

Hi GC Community -

Thank you for your continued patience.  Please be on the look out for an exciting update on #1 above from my colleague @Alan Lanteigne here in the next few days.

#2 is also on track to start shortly and my colleagues @Ricky Phung and @Joshua Goldlust will keep you posted on those efforts moving forward!

Hope everyone has a great week --

Zach

Zach Brettnacher
    Genesys - Employees

• 16.  RE: Auto Answer, Whisper and Alerting Enhancements

GENESYS
    Posted 06-07-2023 11:26

Hello Community!

I'm excited to announce we have released the ability to modify the default whisper resource!  Editing this single resource will modify the whisper prompt for any situations using the default whisper rather than a custom whisper.  Please review today's release note for more information and documentation on how to take advantage of this new functionality:  https://help.mypurecloud.com/releasenote/june-7-2023/

Happy Wednesday!

Alan Lanteigne
    Genesys - Employees

• 17.  RE: Auto Answer, Whisper and Alerting Enhancements

GENESYS
    Posted 06-01-2023 10:52

We're in the process of scoping solution to allow admin greater control over audio alert behavior for both auto and manual answer interactions.  See idea https://genesyscloud.ideas.aha.io/ideas/DIG-I-842 for recent update.

Rick Phung
    Genesys - Employees

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources