Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Auto-greeting for voice

Posted 13 days ago
    Edited by Brandon Hamilton 13 days ago

Is there any consideration to implement a feature in Genesys where, when a voice interaction is received, that an automated greeting would play for the caller? When a queue receives higher traffic, having to verbalize a greeting over and over can become tiring and cumbersome for agents especially when their greeting is the same across all their calls. If agents could have a pre-recorded greeting that plays at the beginning of an interaction, this could save the agent time and energy that they could dedicate to elevating the caller's experience and providing the highest level of service possible. Let's make it happen!

#Roadmap/NewFeatures

------------------------------
    Brandon Hamilton

Product Owner I, Digital Experiences

Global Credit Union

• 2.  RE: Auto-greeting for voice

Posted 12 days ago

I like this idea and in the portal of idea will be have my vote.

Att,

Breno Canyggia Ferreira Marreco
    https://www.linkedin.com/in/brenocfm-40b62182/

• 3.  RE: Auto-greeting for voice
    Best Answer

Posted 12 days ago

This is already an idea on Aha. It's the 5th most requested feature.

https://genesyscloud.ideas.aha.io/ideas/INB-I-986

Paul Simpson
    Views expressed are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of my employer.

• 4.  RE: Auto-greeting for voice

Posted 12 days ago

Thank you, Paul, for sharing this! I voted for the idea from the link you provided. I noticed Genesys has been relatively quiet on updates for this feature which is saddening. Hopefully this can be pushed faster for development and launch to the application soon.

Brandon Hamilton
    Global Credit Union

• 5.  RE: Auto-greeting for voice

Posted 12 days ago

Ha! You've noticed?

Yes, it a frequently expressed frustration, both here and on the Ideas site, that communication on feature development is often lacking. This particular feature is one of the more heavily complained about ones in that regard.

PureConnect (and I believe Genesys Engage?) have this feature and it is often quotes as one of the reasons folks are not clamoring to migrate to Genesys Cloud before PureConnect finally dies.

We shall see.....!

Paul Simpson

• 6.  RE: Auto-greeting for voice

Posted 12 days ago

That's so interesting. I have definitely strayed away from using both platforms out of suspicion that that's what was happening. Hopefully this is something that Genesys is looking to improve in the near future. 

I'd love to make a connection with you sometime if you're down! I'm the Product Owner for the contact center at Global Credit Union and I'm trying to see how I can be more active in generating ideas amongst likeminded people; would also like to hear more about what pain points you've gone through or even just have someone to confide in if I have ideas coming from our clients on improvements to the Genesys platform. Seems like you're pretty well-versed! 

Let me know if you've got some time in the next couple weeks or something.

Brandon Hamilton
    Global Credit Union

• 7.  RE: Auto-greeting for voice

Posted 12 days ago

I have sent you a contact request.

Paul Simpson

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources