Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Average Hold - tHeld versus tHeldComplete

Posted 28 days ago

In our agent performance view, average hold appears to be calculated using tHeldComplete rather than tHeld.  The "metrics and intervals" webpage describes average hold time as calculated using either tHeld or tHeldComplete.  The picture of an agent's performance below seems to show that average hold is calculated using tHeldComplete (the "hold" number for the call in the last hour shows 1 but there were several hold segments during that one call.  How do we change that?

Average hold time:

tHeld = 5 / 2 = 2.5 minutes

tHeldComplete = 5 / 1 = 5 minutes

#Reporting/Analytics

------------------------------
    Jamie Graves
    American Specialty Health

• 2.  RE: Average Hold - tHeld versus tHeldComplete

Top 25 Contributor
    Posted 27 days ago

Take a look at the great breakdown and differences between tHeld and tHeldComplete at the bottom of the page on this link:

https://developer.genesys.cloud/analyticsdatamanagement/analytics/metrics

Average tHeld will tell you on average when a customer was put on hold how long were they on hold for.

Average tHeldComplete will tell you on average how long are customer's on hold for.

Which are two very different things, most organizations are interested in tHeldComplete when looking at a queue level across an interval. I don't think you can change the metrics the UI uses. You can of course extract the data to your own data storage, and use your own analytics tools to display whatever metrics you want. 

Anton Vroon

• 3.  RE: Average Hold - tHeld versus tHeldComplete

Posted 27 days ago

I've been to that page.  I referenced it in my post.  If Genesys offers both calculations, where is average hold calculated with tHeld found?  I'm not interested in what most orgs are looking at.  I'm interested in measuring agent performance based on what the metrics page says is available.

Jamie Graves
    American Specialty Health

• 4.  RE: Average Hold - tHeld versus tHeldComplete

Top 25 Contributor
    Posted 23 days ago

I know companies I've worked in where managers and even analysts would use theld instead of theldcomplete and imagine others have similar experience so purely speculating, I imagine it is because of reasons like that the UI doesn't show both.

So yes if you are looking at the UI performance views, under queues, you are not going to get calculations based on theld.

Interaction level report does have Hold Segments to give you the count from theld, so you could do an extract that way.

Otherwise if you want those metrics, you will need to use the analytics APIs to retrieve those, and potentially store them in your own data warehouse (or use an app foundry solution that does this for you), linked to your own reporting solutions like powerbi.

API for that is https://developer.genesys.cloud/devapps/api-explorer#post-api-v2-analytics-conversations-aggregates-query

This is the same API the UI uses in the queue performance view, but when calling it you will just want to include the theld metric.

You can always submit an Idea request to have it added to the UI.

Anton Vroon

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources