Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Basic (Newbie) Questions...

Posted 12 days ago

Hey folks, 

Might have a few (very) basic questions. 

I have a Voice Queue in Genesys CCX and I'd like all agents to be call simultaneously - I can't see that option in the routing methods (which surprises me). Am I missing something very obvious here? 

Thanks.

#Telephony

------------------------------
    Matthew Tipler
    News Team Group

• 2.  RE: Basic (Newbie) Questions...

Posted 11 days ago

I don't know of anything via queue routing but there is an option via groups that might be close to what you're looking for:

• Broadcast – When a group receives a call, Genesys Cloud randomly alerts 15 members simultaneously with a maximum of 1,000 members in rotation. If no member answers, Genesys Cloud continues to alert members in groups of 15 until someone answers or the call times out.

https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/configure-a-group-phone-number/

would that work for you?

Roberta Wermer
    Cognosante Holdings, LLC

• 3.  RE: Basic (Newbie) Questions...

Posted 11 days ago

Hey Roberta, 

I hope that you are well today!

Thank you for your response. Yeah, I was aware of 'Groups' allowing for hunt group type setups, but groups don't allow for CCX type functionality. 

Seems really strange that such a simple and widely utilised feature has been missed out. 

I appreciate your assistance. 

Many thanks. 

Matthew Tipler
    News Team Group

• 4.  RE: Basic (Newbie) Questions...
    Best Answer

Posted 10 days ago

Matthew,

Genesys / Interactive Intelligence have always considered "Sequential", "Round Robin" and "Group Ring" to be non-ACD distribution types. With PureConnect, the functionality of both Groups and Queues was combined in a single object (Workgroup) so it was kinda hidden from you.

When PureCloud (Now Genesys Cloud) was developed, the Non-ACD types were considered to be for "Business Users", the "Contact Center" is where ACD is. (It all relates to licensing strata and so on.)

So, that's the background to this. Having said that, what is it you are trying to achieve when you talk about "CCX type"?

Paul Simpson
    Views expressed are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of my employer.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources