PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Basic Station License Double Dipping

Posted 08-02-2022 13:20
    When I set up a user account in IA, I have to link to a physical phone extension, which has a basic station license, or calls won't come through to the workstation that is set up for the SIP softphone, which also requires a basic station license.  Due to this, I am having to basically waste a basic station license for every workstation I set up to use SIP, from how I understood the setup from the tech that helped us.  

Is there a way were I don't have to have a physical phone linked to the workstation, or at least a way where I don't have to give it a basic station license?  These licenses are getting expensive since Genesys is EOL Pure Connect, but we need to keep it for a while longer due to our environment.
    #SIP/VolP

------------------------------
    Jon Mercer

• 2.  RE: Basic Station License Double Dipping

Posted 08-02-2022 14:35
    Hi Jon,

These are the most common way people setup use without having their extension mapped directly to a physical phone.

• have your agents use Interaction Desktop, when they log in they have to select a physical phone to log into. Doing this will tell the system to map the user and their extension to that physical phone. You can then give your agent an extension that is not tied to a phone.

• If your agents do not move , you can assign a Default Workstation to the user in IA. This will then make it anytime the user or their extension is called it will ring their Default workstation. If the agent logs into Interaction Desktop, the station they log into will over write the Default workstation until they log out at which time the agent will be mapped back to the default workstation.

Scott Williams
    Missouri Higher Education Loan Authority

• 3.  RE: Basic Station License Double Dipping

Posted 08-03-2022 19:08
      |   view attached
    They don't move, so I should be able to assign a physical phone extension, but not give it a basic license, and just have the default to their workstation, and they should get calls that Interaction Admin is set up to send to the physical phone extension under their user account?

Jon Mercer

• 4.  RE: Basic Station License Double Dipping
    Best Answer

Posted 08-04-2022 09:37

yes if you unlicensed the physical phone that you have assigned your agents and set the default workstation field to the SIP Station they are at, when you call their extension it should ring the SIP Station.

But really you can put any number in the extension field, it doesn't have to be a phone configured in IA. In our environment our extension are 4 digits and all our physical phone stations are 6 digits. The 4 digit extensions are not part of any phone configuration, its a standalone range that we decided and give agents when they are setup.

Scott Williams
    Missouri Higher Education Loan Authority

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources