Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

Beta - Advanced Architect Execution Data & Replay Mode

• 1.  Beta - Advanced Architect Execution Data & Replay Mode

GENESYS
    Posted 10 days ago
    Edited by Amelie Wisniak 10 days ago
    Dear Community Members,

The Advanced Architect Execution Data & Replay Mode feature teams are pleased to announce our new beta has started! 

Genesys Cloud now offers advanced execution data capabilities for all Architect flow types. The enhanced capabilities give users greater control over how they use historical execution data and enable them to better understand user journeys and improve and troubleshoot their flows. Users can now decide whether to turn execution data storage on or off and choose from the following four different data levels:

• Base: understand high-level user journeys through actions and navigated menus, errors, and events.
    • Notes: troubleshoot flows using variable values (includes the Base level).
    • Verbose Notes: access conversation content with communications values (includes the Notes level).
    • All: troubleshoot flows using action input and output values (includes the Verbose Notes level).

Historical execution data counts toward an organization's data storage limit under the Genesys Cloud fair use policy. Historical execution data storage is disabled by default. All users must enable this feature to use it and republish flows to track execution data.

Administrators and developers can access historical flow execution data via the Genesys Cloud Platform API, Architect Replay Mode, and the Genesys Cloud notifications service.

Learn more: Historical execution data overview - Genesys Cloud Resource Center

If your organization would like to be considered for participation in the Advanced Architect Execution Data Beta, please complete this enrollment form

Thank you for being part of our community, and we look forward to your feedback.

#BetaAnnouncement
    #BetaUpdate
    #NowRecruiting

------------------------------
    Amelie Wisniak
    Genesys - Employees

• 2.  RE: Beta - Advanced Architect Execution Data & Replay Mode

Top 25 Contributor
    Posted 10 days ago

Hi Amelie,

Do we have any indication of what the storage impact/requirements will be. Ie on Average for a low / medium / high sized flow (as measured by architect), you should expect x Kbs per conversation? 

Anton Vroon

• 3.  RE: Beta - Advanced Architect Execution Data & Replay Mode

Posted 10 days ago

@Amelie Wisniak  in addition to Anton's question, will there be an indication anywhere of how much data is consumed by this feature, how much per flow, etc?  Will there be tools to manage that data?  If I put a flow in "All" mode for debugging purposes and then turn it back to None I'm assuming that all previous data will be deleted.  Is this the case?

All to say that we need to have tools to manage the data and better understand how we will be able to.  Just giving us a warning that it counts towards our fair use policy is not enough.

I hope this helps.  Thanks!

Vick Sweeney
    Hydro Quebec

• 4.  RE: Beta - Advanced Architect Execution Data & Replay Mode

GENESYS
    Posted 10 days ago

@Anton Vroon @Vick Sweeney 

There are a lot of parameters that can impact your storage usage. It depends on the Execution Data flow level (Base, Notes, Verbose Notes, or All) and your flow specificities (e.g. flow size, number of actions, size of the variables, number of loops, etc.). We are exploring ways to help you track this usage better, but this is not part of the scope of this beta. In the meantime, we suggest you keep the level to the minimum you need and temporarily override individual flow levels when necessary.

When updating the level from "all" to "none", we do not delete previous instances but historical execution data is automatically deleted after 10 days. 

Amelie Wisniak
    Genesys - Employees

• 5.  RE: Beta - Advanced Architect Execution Data & Replay Mode

Posted 10 days ago

So if we went 100% debug mode, and let that run for 10 days, that's the max amount of rolling storage it'd consume?

• 6.  RE: Beta - Advanced Architect Execution Data & Replay Mode

Top 25 Contributor
    Posted 7 days ago

Thanks @Amelie Wisniak

Would be good to have this for GA release.

Is there any guidance you can give though, like in general, on average, ball park figure for each level of data how much storage would be used for low /  middle / high flow sizes (which is a measure of number of actions)?

Anton Vroon

• 7.  RE: Beta - Advanced Architect Execution Data & Replay Mode

GENESYS
    Posted 6 days ago

We are working on gathering some metrics. We'll let you know as soon as we have data to share. 

Thanks for your patience! 

Amelie Wisniak
    Genesys - Employees

• 8.  RE: Beta - Advanced Architect Execution Data & Replay Mode

Posted 10 days ago
    Edited by James Dunn 10 days ago

Hi Amelie,

We applied for the beta a few weeks back but I don't see any of the new permissions available to assign; does this mean our org (Pitney Bowes) isn't part of the beta?

Thank you.

James Dunn
    Pitney Bowes Inc.

• 9.  RE: Beta - Advanced Architect Execution Data & Replay Mode

Posted 10 days ago

Does this beta include a quicker way to get into the historical debugger other than (get ID manually, go into Architect, wait, manually search by ID, select it, wait more), like, a link in the Interaction view?

Paul McGurn
    Manager, Telecom & DevOps
    GoTo

• 10.  RE: Beta - Advanced Architect Execution Data & Replay Mode

GENESYS
    Posted 10 days ago

@Paul McGurn Unfortunately, it does not. This feedback has been shared with the relevant team and is still under review. 

Amelie Wisniak
    Genesys - Employees

• 11.  RE: Beta - Advanced Architect Execution Data & Replay Mode

Posted 10 days ago
    Edited by Edward Wit 10 days ago

Hi,

Last week I filled in the enrollment form to participate the beta. But I see no Execution Data item in the menu in Architect. Is the beta not active in my Org? Or is there a permission tied to this feature?

Thanks,
    Edward Wit
    Cloudoe BV

• 12.  RE: Beta - Advanced Architect Execution Data & Replay Mode

Posted 10 days ago

Hi,

Last week I filled in the enrollment form to participate the beta. But I see no Execution Data item in the menu in Architect. Is the beta not active in my Org? Or is there a permission tied to this feature?

Thanks,

Edward Wit
    Cloudoe BV

• 13.  RE: Beta - Advanced Architect Execution Data & Replay Mode

GENESYS
    Posted 10 days ago

@James Dunn @Edward Wit

We have received significant interest for this beta. We are progressively adding new orgs to the beta, and we will keep you informed of your acceptance status. 

Thank you for your patience! 

Amelie Wisniak
    Genesys - Employees

• 14.  RE: Beta - Advanced Architect Execution Data & Replay Mode

Posted 6 days ago

We joined the beta today. Finding it really useful, already helped solve a few bugs. It's not been seamless but definitely very good.

Immediate ask: can we get more information in the Execution History page when you click the Execution History button in a flow? Even just ConversationId (if not things like ANI, DNIS, ...) to help identify the interaction we want to review (without having to get the ID, search for it etc).

James Dunn
    Pitney Bowes Inc.

• 15.  RE: Beta - Advanced Architect Execution Data & Replay Mode

Posted 6 days ago

I filled out the form last week and haven't heard back yet.

• 16.  RE: Beta - Advanced Architect Execution Data & Replay Mode

GENESYS
    Posted 5 days ago

@James Dunn @Edward Wit @Paul McGurn You should now all have access to the beta! 

Amelie Wisniak
    Genesys - Employees

• 17.  RE: Beta - Advanced Architect Execution Data & Replay Mode

Top 25 Contributor
    Posted 5 days ago

Hi Amelie, I know I only signed up a few days ago, but just wanted to make sure I'm still on the list and it's being worked through? Keen to give this a go and provide feedback.

Anton Vroon

• 18.  RE: Beta - Advanced Architect Execution Data & Replay Mode

GENESYS
    Posted 5 days ago

@James Dunn Thanks for the feedback. We'll look into adding additional columns to the Flow Execution History view. I like the idea of adding additional fields like ConversationId 

Justin Campbell
    Product Manager
    Genesys - Employees

• 19.  RE: Beta - Advanced Architect Execution Data & Replay Mode

Top 25 Contributor
    Posted 5 days ago

Really enjoying this feature. I've only had a little play with it so far but wanted to give some initial feedback.

Couple of things, first can we please get the keyboard shortcuts for all flows. pressing e then h to bring up expression helper, would be so handy in a normal flow. Same with the ctrl g to jump to location, ctrl s to save, ctrl i to hide the number ids etc.

When pinning a variable and setting it to a breakpoint, honestly first time i did it by accident and couldn't figure out why the variable disappeared from Data and where to find it. It was just at the top. But also while hovering over the symbol before the variable (not system) it gives 2 tooltips that overlap, add break point and the data type, eg

Seeing the error values even though I haven't added the outputs as variables, is awesome

Being able to click on go to next update on a variable, very helpful.

I like that I can click on a date to change it's format, just wish there was some localization applied, ie not American date format.

Anton Vroon

• 20.  RE: Beta - Advanced Architect Execution Data & Replay Mode

Posted 5 days ago

@Amelie Wisniak Can you please confirm if my org is on the list as I don't see the new permissions yet? We were using the old beta and signed up to this one. I have some queries about data size but want to make sure I'm on the right beta first.

Richard Chandler
    Connect

• 21.  RE: Beta - Advanced Architect Execution Data & Replay Mode

GENESYS
    Posted 5 days ago

@Richard Chandler Your org is now part of the beta. You must enable execution data storage and republish flows to track execution data. We are looking forward to your feedback. 

Amelie Wisniak
    Genesys - Employees

• 22.  RE: Beta - Advanced Architect Execution Data & Replay Mode

Posted 4 days ago

Thanks @Amelie Wisniak I've now been able to enable the new beta and logging levels.

Richard Chandler
    Connect

• 23.  RE: Beta - Advanced Architect Execution Data & Replay Mode

Posted 4 days ago

Hi Richard,

I had to update with the below before being able to enabled execution data

Settings > Execution Data > Edit permission
    Settings > Execution Data > View permission

Neil Jones
    Voice Comms Lead
    Awaze Uk
    LEEDS
    United Kingdom
    neil.jones@awaze.com

• 24.  RE: Beta - Advanced Architect Execution Data & Replay Mode

Posted 4 days ago

Loving this so far, a suggestion from me
    Can we have a way to pin multiple variables to the top of the list without adding them as a BreakPoint, or alternatively have a separate module/section for pinned/watched variables.

Its useful to be able to keep an eye on certain variables as a call goes through the flow, without necessarily needing to have a break point each time they are changed, this can be difficult to keep an eye on in the current variable list if the flow is large and there are potentially 100s of variables in the list.

If you need me to load this in the ideas portal let me know.

Thanks

Cameron Stone
    KiwiBank

• 25.  RE: Beta - Advanced Architect Execution Data & Replay Mode

GENESYS
    Posted 4 days ago
    Edited by Gianpaolo Butera 4 days ago

Hi Amelie,

we are trying to consume the Execution Data History via Event Bridge but what we saw is that the log level on Notification is set to base that is already something but not helpful for debugging outside of Architect. Do you know if this log level can be changed? The level "Notes" should help for our use case. 

The idea behind is consuming these events and keep trace for longer troubleshooting via Splunk to trace the history longer then 10 days.

As additional info also on the Common Module at the moment it's not enable the Execution Data & reply.do you have any idea if it will be added ? 

Thanks and let me know

Gianpaolo

Gianpaolo Butera
    Genesys - Employees

• 26.  RE: Beta - Advanced Architect Execution Data & Replay Mode

GENESYS
    Posted 3 days ago

Hi @Gianpaolo Butera

The execution data level applies to execution data storage.

The notification, while looking similar to the event execution format is a modified and stripped-down version of the total history.  This is due to how the event payload is formatted and event size limits.

Regarding common modules, they do not execute on their own. They are embedded into another flow, so you have to look at the execution data for the calling flow.

Hope this helps!

Amelie Wisniak
    Genesys - Employees

• 27.  RE: Beta - Advanced Architect Execution Data & Replay Mode

Posted 4 days ago
    Edited by Edward Wit 4 days ago

Hi,

Very happy with this feature. Normally we added several logging steps in Architect flows and write that into Participant Data. This tool really will help to get rid of that. Maybe some suggestions to make it even better:

• It is mentioned earlier in this thread, the storage. Maybe it is an idea to give a possibility to delete execution data manually, e.g. the result of a particular query. Or a period or simply all. I also think it would be wise that you can delete a single conversation for GDPR purposes.
    • The Flow Level is a global setting. When building and tracing a flow you normally need a higher log level for only that flow and not for all. Is there a way to overwrite the global log level for a single flow?
    • The Query Builder in the result pane only supports in criteria.When you have tons of conversations and you need some from yesterday then finding the right one is now doable. So additional criteria would really help, like Time, DNIS, ANI, etc. Or add some link in the Interaction view on conversation to view the execution data. As mentioned earlier in this thread. 

I also have a question when logging will start. Yesterday I enable this feature and didn't see any logs appearing on the flow. I republished one flow and from that moment I saw the logs coming in for that flow. But till now I don't see the logs on other flows. So do we have to publish a flow first so it will store the execution data?

And this morning I changed the log level from Base to Notes and it took a couple of minutes before that change had effect on the flow I republished yesterday. So is there a delay and how long is that delay? On the other flows I still have no execution data.

Thanks,

Edward de Wit
    Cloudoe BV

• 28.  RE: Beta - Advanced Architect Execution Data & Replay Mode

Posted 4 days ago
    Edited by James Dunn 4 days ago

@Edward Wit

You can set the log level for an individual flow. If you go to the Architect flow list (the front page for Architect) and search for the flow, there is an Execution Data option where you can change the flow level.

Yes you do seemingly have to republish every single flow to start capturing logs for that flow. Until you republish you don't get anything for that flow, which is a bit of a pain.

I have also had on occasion flows that were republished seemingly stop capturing logs after a later publish, and having to be published again.

James Dunn
    Pitney Bowes Inc.

• 29.  RE: Beta - Advanced Architect Execution Data & Replay Mode

Posted 4 days ago

Hi James,

I hadn't noticed that option. Great.

Thanks for your response.

Edward de Wit
    Cloudoe BV

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources