Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Better EWT

Posted 07-15-2024 19:08

Greetings.  Has anyone successfully created a reasonably accurate EWT figure using Architect actions?  I've tested with both queue-based and interaction-based EWTs and they don't accurately reflect the customer's actual wait time from the time the call is queued.

I think that ASA for the interval may be a closer metric, but I am not sure where I can find it to use in an in-queue flow Play Audio action. I am definitely open to better suggestions as well.

#Routing(ACD/IVR)

------------------------------
    Vikki Papesh
    Sr. Genesys Cloud Developer II
    Tandem Diabetes Care, Inc.

• 2.  RE: Better EWT

GENESYS
    Posted 07-16-2024 15:52

Hello Vikki, 

Our Development team has a great write up of what factors affect the EWT, but the formula can be broken down with the following equation:

EWT = PredictedAHT * PositionInQueue / NumberOfAgents

I'm not sure if my colleague @Samuel Jillard has any additional information but I figured I could @ them so see if they have any additional thoughts.

Jason Kleitz
    Genesys - Employees

• 3.  RE: Better EWT

Posted 07-16-2024 18:08

Jason,

Agreed, it's a very comprehensive writeup.  However, when tested against a fully staffed queue it doesn't provide the expected result.  For example, 5 calls in queue 7 minutes, 6 minutes, 5 minutes, 4 minutes, 3 minutes, identical priority and skills.  I add a call with identical priority and skill and it gives me an EWT for the interaction of 2 minutes.  That's clearly not correct – I would expect the EWT to be in the range of 7-9 minutes all other factors being equal.  The interval ASA of 8 minutes would be more accurate, but I don't see an endpoint for it.

Vikki Papesh

SR. GENESYS CLOUD DEVELOPER II

Genesys Cloud CX: Professional Certification badge image. Issued by Genesys

P + 858.366.6948

Tandem Diabetes Care | positively different

12400 High Bluff Drive, San Diego CA 92130

tandemdiabetes.com

The information in this email (including any attachments) may be privileged and/or confidential and is intended only for the recipient(s) listed above. Any use, disclosure, distribution, or copying of this email is prohibited except by or on behalf of the intended recipient. If you have received this email in error, please notify me immediately and destroy all copies of the transmittal. Thank you.

• 4.  RE: Better EWT

Posted 07-17-2024 00:25

Whilst all those calls are waiting in queue, whats the handle time of the all the agents?  If they were all theoretically close to completing their calls based off their AHT, your staff could answer those interactions sooner as a group and therefore Genesys would suggest that the time waiting is 2 minutes.  

Robert Niblock
    APM

• 5.  RE: Better EWT

Posted 07-17-2024 12:42

Thank you, Robert.  I understand where you are headed with that, but if the oldest call in queue has been holding for 8 minutes and others are also waiting, regardless of the AHT it's unlikely that the newest call will be answered within 2 minutes given no difference in staffing, priority, or skills. 

Vikki Papesh

P + 858.366.6948

tandemdiabetes.com

The information in this email (including any attachments) may be privileged and/or confidential and is intended only for the recipient(s) listed above. Any use, disclosure, distribution, or copying of this email is prohibited except by or on behalf of the intended recipient. If you have received this email in error, please notify me immediately and destroy all copies of the transmittal. Thank you.

• 6.  RE: Better EWT
    Best Answer

GENESYS
    Posted 07-17-2024 03:38

Hi Vikki

As the EWT is relying on cached data of recently completed calls, testing the EWT actions can be tricky.  A way to test it would be using the Estimated Wait Time API whilst viewing calls as they come into a live queue and then verifying how long they waited against the EWT value returned from the API.

If you have consistently tested this in a live queue and the EWT has been inaccurate, I would raise a case with Product Support to investigate what is causing the values to be out.

As for playing the ASA metric via a Play Audio action, I can't currently think of a way to implement this, although maybe others can. If you think this would be a useful feature, I would recommend raising an idea on the Genesys Cloud Product Ideas Lab.

Samuel Jillard
    Online Community Manager/Moderator
    Genesys - Employees

• 7.  RE: Better EWT

Posted 07-17-2024 12:54

Thank you, Samuel.  While we don't provide EWT to customers because of the variances we see, we do calculate and log EWT to External Tag on every interaction.  Then I compare to the interaction's metrics.  Here is a slice from today.  As you can see, while some interactions do fall close to the mark, just as many are very far from it, enough that my confidence level in advertising it is low.

Vikki Papesh

P + 858.366.6948

tandemdiabetes.com

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources