Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Blocking Inbound Anonymous Callers

Posted 2 days ago

Hi guys.  We use Genesys in a unique way as most of our calls are inbound.  We are a transportation company nationwide.

I have call blocking for specified numbers in our Logistics call flow and it works perfectly.  Are any of you aware of a way to block anonymous calls?

Here's the deal.  There is a new scheme going around that involves using anonymous numbers.  They call in a get specific load information by verifying certain information that is available on logistics systems for all transportation companies.  Then they send a driver to steal our load.  Each stolen load and trailer, costs my company no less than a half million dollars.  Blocking anonymous numbers would be a tremendous help to us.

Thank you,

Tracee

#ArchitectureandDesign
    #Routing(ACD/IVR)
    #SystemAdministration
    #Telephony

------------------------------
    Tracee Baddley
    U.S. Xpress Enterprisestbaddley@usxpress.com

• 2.  RE: Blocking Inbound Anonymous Callers

Posted 2 days ago
    Edited by Tracee Baddley 2 days ago

I'm almost positive it can be done.  About 12 years ago when our old Genesys system was on prem, our then architect turned it on. (But he did it for ALL anonymous calls coming into the company).  That was no good because it blocked about 40% of valid inbound calls from our Drivers to our Fleet Management.  He had to turn it off.  I'm looking to implement it strictly for one business unit via a call flow.

I wonder if this would work---

Tracee Baddley
    U.S. Xpress Enterprisestbaddley@usxpress.com

• 3.  RE: Blocking Inbound Anonymous Callers

Posted 2 days ago

So many have blocked numbers today so you are potentially blocking a lot of valid business, would it not be better to different routing and treatment if it known, presented and hidden numbers for example with script popup with a warning to the agents 

Jasper Donovan
    Coloplast A/S

• 4.  RE: Blocking Inbound Anonymous Callers
    Best Answer

Posted 2 days ago
    Edited by Jason Kleitz 17 hours ago

Hi Tracee,

In Architect we have a built in variable --> Call.RemoteName.

So, you can do a simple decision to check if Call.RemoteName  == "Anonymous"

Can you test it?

BR.

Adrian Rodriguez
    EOS Spain S.L.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources