Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

Bulk upload pf persons with CSV file with specific roles and divisions concept don't work as expected

• 1.  Bulk upload pf persons with CSV file with specific roles and divisions concept don't work as expected

Posted 03-06-2023 02:29
      |   view attached

Hello,

for our customer we need to make some shiftings of roles and divisions for all users as bulk update.
    My ideas was to remove all roles from all users and implement the changes in roles/division concept in a CSV file (hint: people_import_example.csv) and then make bulk upload of that CSV file so that every person will be changed correctly.

This is the page:
    https://apps.mypurecloud.de/directory/#/admin/directory/peopleV3

My problem is that I don't find a example in documentation or community here how I need to add the roles with their divisons in that CSV file when I want that system automatically assign a role to the user and add more than one division for that role for that user automatically.

I want to achieve the following for the roles from attached screenshot for my test person.

The example is the employee role. There I want to add six divisions automatically over the bulk upload. 

So you find all that assignments as I want for that role in the CSV file in column "roles_divisions":

"...,employee:[DemoUmgebung],employee:[Atlantic Nautic],employee:[jrbr],employee:[Home],employee:[egdr_test],employee:[ciwe Test],..."

But this is not working. First I deleted all roles for that test user. After the bulk upload with that CSV file when I marked "update existing people" (because user is already in the system) only the first division is assigned for that role to that user:

employee:[DemoUmgebung]

All other division assignments for the same employee role in the CSV file are not assigned and seems to be ignored. Example CSV file is attached here.

I tried to play a little bit with that syntax in the CSV file. That for example dont work for me because system interpret all after comma in the "[...]" brackets as a new role but not as another division for the same role...

"...,employee:[DemoUmgebung,Atlantic Nautic,jrbr,Home,egdr_test,ciwe Test],..."

Please can you help me. What I made wrong?

Thanks and best regards,

Christian.

#Omni-ChannelDesktop/UserInterface

------------------------------
    Christian Werner-Berger
    Deutsche Telekom Business Solutions GmbH

Attachment(s)

csv
    userExportList.csv   501 B 1 version

• 2.  RE: Bulk upload pf persons with CSV file with specific roles and divisions concept don't work as expected

Posted 03-11-2023 21:57

I don't think you are going to get the variability you are asking for.  Better to look at the API or CLI for what you want to accomplish.  As far as I can tell, you can only assign one set of roles/divisions like below, but I don't think you can vary it as you want.

"admin,Communicate User","Inside Sales","Home"

Now, if you wanted, you could do with a CLI if you have the list of users and then use gc users roles update

Robert Wakefield-Carl
    TTEC Digital, LLC fka Avtex Solutions, LLC
    Contact Center Innovation Architect
    https://www.Avtex.com
    https://RobertWC.Blogspot.com

• 3.  RE: Bulk upload pf persons with CSV file with specific roles and divisions concept don't work as expected

GENESYS
    Posted 22 days ago

You've probably figured it out by now, but you need to use a semi-colon to delimit the divisions:

"...,employee:[DemoUmgebung;Atlantic Nautic;jrbr;Home;egdr_test;ciwe Test],..."

George Ganahl GCP, GCSME, ICCE, ICHD, etc.
    Senior Principal PS Consultant
    Genesys

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources