Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Call Data Action in call flow fail

Posted 10 days ago

The call data action is called in the call flow. I have a doubt that Why is it sometimes called success? Sometimes it fails. Can you tell me the reason?

#Implementation
    #Integrations
    #Outbound
    #Telephony

------------------------------
    Nuttapong Limadisai
    Beryl 8 Plus Public Company Limited

• 2.  RE: Call Data Action in call flow fail

Posted 10 days ago
    Edited by Breno Canyggia Ferreira Marreco 10 days ago

Hi Nuttapong, In the first see I guess that your endpoint returned anything different than 200 OK and wayed to go failure exit.

You can test data action in UI before Flow.

Att,

Breno Canyggia Ferreira Marreco
    https://www.linkedin.com/in/brenocfm-40b62182/

• 3.  RE: Call Data Action in call flow fail

Top 25 Contributor
    Posted 9 days ago

When troubleshooting it is helpful to write all inputs as participant data, (at least until architect playback feature that is in beta is released)

Then take those inputs, and go to Actions where you configure the data action, and go to Test, and put those exact same inputs in, and see what error you get if any, this is often a good starting place to see what went wrong.

Also just ensure you are not setting that Failure value somewhere else, so much time wasted tracking down non issues.

Anton Vroon

• 4.  RE: Call Data Action in call flow fail

GENESYS
    Posted 9 days ago

Nuttapong, 

Have you attempted to use the Test side tab, located within Integrations > Actions > Test Forward Call V2 > Setup, tab?  You should be able to place in there the input value, and run the data action to see the response.  I also recommend expanding the "Execution" section below to see the raw response.  I agree with Anton, try setting the value of the input, to a participant data property.  So you can evaluate what its trying to input to your data action.  You may be getting blank variable values or perhaps there is a blank space before and/or after your input variable.  That could cause failures if the input properties doesn't accept or trim blank spaces before or after the value.  You can also, use a trim operator to remove any blank spaces. 

Carlos Albor
    Senior Principal PS Consultant

• 5.  RE: Call Data Action in call flow fail

GENESYS
    Posted 8 days ago

A data action will take the failure path in a call flow for any non-200 level response.  Those response values are captured and stored as aggregated metrics available within the Data Action Performance view; understanding what responses you're getting from the remote endpoint will help in the troubleshooting process.  404's would mean your resource isn't found, while 429s mean the resource is receiving too many requests.  General 400 level responses could be from a bad syntax in your request, which would require a little more investigation into what the inputs to the data are, and should be reproduceable within the Test mode in the data action UI.  

Richard Schott
    Genesys - Employees

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources