Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Call Recording

Posted 03-16-2023 11:30

We have a requirement to record all calls except those that come from certain area codes.  When I look at what our vendor setup, it looks like our vendor set up call recording on the trunk.  According to the following article, if recording is setup on the trunk, all calls are recorded.
    https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/enable-recording/

In architect, they configured an action with a data table lookup to match the specific area codes.  If there is a match, it just moves on to the next action in the flow.  If there is not a match, then they have Architect configured to "enable participant recording".

However, according to the following article, it looks like architect can only turn on recording, but not turn off recording.
    https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/enable-participant-recording-action/

It seems that all of our test calls are being recorded - even if they match our data table with the valid area codes.  I suspect this may be because recording is turned on at the trunk level - which indicates that it will record all calls inbound and outbound.

Do I understand this right?  Is there a better way to record all calls by default, but exclude only those that match certain area codes?

#ArchitectureandDesign
    #Routing(ACD/IVR)
    #Security
    #SIP/VolP
    #SystemAdministration
    #Telephony

------------------------------
    Josh Steinkamp
    CHRISTIAN BROADCASTING NETWORK

• 2.  RE: Call Recording

GENESYS
    Posted 03-16-2023 12:42

Did they enable Require user consent before recording on the trunk?  If that's not enabled, then everything gets recorded.  If it is enabled, then only calls that execute the enable participant recording action get recorded.

Melissa Bailey
    Genesys - Employees

• 3.  RE: Call Recording

Posted 03-16-2023 12:50

No, it is not enabled - everything is being recorded.

Josh Steinkamp
    CHRISTIAN BROADCASTING NETWORK

• 4.  RE: Call Recording

Posted 03-16-2023 12:54

Hi @Melissa Bailey, that is interesting!

So you are saying that the "Enable Participant Recording" has no effect if user consent is not enabled?

We have an odd situation where we are also turning on Transcription in the Flow. Even though we don't require user consent, the transcription fails if we don't enable the recording in the Flow prior to turning on Transcription. (There are some other issues with this that are the subject of a ticket we currently have open with Care.) Can you shed any light on this aspect?

Paul Simpson
    Eventus Solutions Group

• 5.  RE: Call Recording

GENESYS
    Posted 03-16-2023 13:07

Yep.  It only works if 1) recording is enabled on the trunk and 2) consent required is also enabled.  In any other situation it's a no-op.

Transcription requires a recording exists.  Otherwise it's also a no-op.

Melissa Bailey
    Genesys - Employees

• 6.  RE: Call Recording

Posted 03-16-2023 13:16

I will need to add this to the support ticket.

As I said above, Recording is enabled, but without required consent (as you said, this should make the "Enable Recording" operation a No-Op, however without it, the Transcription does not turn on.

Most strange!

Paul Simpson
    Eventus Solutions Group

• 7.  RE: Call Recording

Posted 03-17-2023 09:20

Hi Josh

I have the same use case, so thought I'd share out how I solved for this. I also use a data table to look up the area code. However, rather than controlling recording in the flow, I use separate queues - if the area code is found, it routes to a queue with a 'no record' policy. If it's not found, it routes to a queue with a 'yes record' policy. Everything else about the two queues is the same (scripts, etc) and they have very similar names - thus there is no real difference in the two from the agent perspective, and they are active in both queues. From a reporting perspective, I combined results for the two queues.

Emily Kammerer
    Ascendium Education Solutions, Inc.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources