Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

Callback Handle Times

• 1.  Callback Handle Times

GENESYS
    Posted 07-21-2023 15:02
    Edited by Sabyasachi Pradhan 07-21-2023 15:05

Hi All, 

Quick update on this beta feature we will be bringing out soon. This relates to how Handle and Talk times are calculated and shown for Callback interactions on GC. We have had a long running beta around this  idea that we are planning to release soon. 

Here is what supervisors and admins can expect : 

- A new segment in the timeline view for Callback interactions that will explicitly demarcate the portion that overlaps the active voice part of the Callback ( the portion where the agent dials the Callback number and speaks to the customer who requested the Callback ).  

Vs

- An update in how we calculate handle and talk times for Callbacks in Analytics 

1. The new Callback segment won't be used to calculate the handle and talk times for Callback interactions preventing the double count that happens today. 

- A new metric will be exposed in existing analytics details API to show this new segment. This new metric will be included within the Callback session of an Agent participant. Existing tHandle and tTalk will also be updated to reflect values that won't take this new segment into account.

1. tActiveCallback, tActiveCallbackComplete

NOTE: BETA users who are using the API to pull these new metrics must update their logic to look for tActiveCallback and tActiveCallbackComplete. We will remove the duplicate metrics tCallback and tCallbackComplete by the time we GA. There will be change announcement on this coming soon with explicit timelines. The values are the same but we renamed it based on beta feedback for better clarity going forward. 

#Reporting/Analytics
    #Roadmap/NewFeatures

------------------------------
    Sachi Pradhan
    Product@Genesys
    [https://twitter.com/pradhan_sabya]
    [https://www.linkedin.com/in/sachipradhan/]

• 2.  RE: Callback Handle Times

GENESYS
    Posted 07-21-2023 15:21

FYI @Mariagisella Giorgiani . I know one of your customers uses the API to build their own reports for Callbacks. We are changing the metric name that they currently use. The old ones are still available but we will remove them as we get closer to GA. We should switch them over to use the new names. No change in how the values are calculated.

Sachi Pradhan
    Product@Genesys

• 3.  RE: Callback Handle Times

Posted 01-04-2024 11:22

any update on when this is GA?

Clayton Curtis
    Enova Online Services, Inc.

• 4.  RE: Callback Handle Times

Posted 01-04-2024 11:30

Current Roadmap is no sooner than 1/31;

Eosian Rios
    Lumen Technologies Service Group, LLC

• 5.  RE: Callback Handle Times

Posted 01-08-2024 07:54

Hi,

TBH, I am a little confused and perplexed by this. I actually have a ticket open at the moment with Care about this very matter as I have a customer who has reported this issue.

The source of my confusion is why this obvious bug is not being given more priority? In what Universe would anyone want the handle time to be double-reported in this way? I can understand how it came about, but to see this as an enhancement request to be addressed when convenient, as opposed to what it is, a bug that needs fixing urgently, seems crazy to me!

Please prioritize this and provide an accurate estimate of when it will be fixed.

Thank you.

Paul Simpson
    Views expressed are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of my employer.

• 6.  RE: Callback Handle Times

Posted 02-11-2024 21:59
    Edited by Stephen Irecki 02-11-2024 22:12

Hi,

Given that this has been rolled out.

We've noticed that some customers retrospective callsbacks have been updated. Some customers have seen these callback segments on the 11th Of January 2024 in 11:00AM Sydney Timezone (10th January 2024 00:00 UTC) - Just wanted to confirm is this consistent across all regions?

And is there a plan to retrospectively update callbacks in the past - if so, what is the rollout plan.

Stephen Irecki
    eMite Pty Ltd

• 7.  RE: Callback Handle Times

GENESYS
    Posted 02-12-2024 10:09

Thats right. Callbacks will be updated retroactively to showcase these new metrics. It will be the same across all regions. The retroactive updates will happen in batches and will take more than a month+ to finish up. The recent the Callbacks, the sooner they will update. Updates will go up to mid Aug, 2020 when a core change was done in the platform to enable some of these capabilities to be built. 

Sachi Pradhan
    Product@Genesys

• 8.  RE: Callback Handle Times

Posted 02-12-2024 12:22

Hi @Sabyasachi Pradhan we've had some feedback that whilst we have accurate figures for the particular components of a callback within an interaction the loss of the overall Handle data in Queue Performance makes it more difficult to see the overall time cost of a callback activity. Is there an intention to provide a metric to allow that overall picture of callback time?

As an example, due to the Automatically start and end callbacks feature enabled most callback handle times are showing 4 seconds. Whilst the rest of the data would be against the voice media type the filters for Direction are not really enough to confirm they were callbacks.

Richard Chandler
    Connect

• 9.  RE: Callback Handle Times

Posted 02-13-2024 18:38

Thanks Sabyasachi,

I wanted to get more details around the retroactive updates. What type of schedule are we looking at? Daily batches, Weekly batches? I'd like to know so that we can resync some of the old conversations for reporting purposes.

Regards,

Ronald

Stephen Irecki
    eMite Pty Ltd

• 10.  RE: Callback Handle Times

Posted 02-13-2024 04:21

Good morning  I have had the following from a Client in relation to the change.                                                             I don't think its really helped anything though and Genesys have simply removed the time spent on a callback from all Agent or Queue performance reports. The new metric isn't available in those views at all so we cant even reconstruct the data. The only place I can see Active Total Callback is within the Interactions view which you cant really use for reporting and no manager can self-serve that information anymore.

Its quite a big oversight to simply remove all of the handling time from the performance views without an option to show it under a different metric.

Bill Gleeson
    Connect Managed Services (UK) Limited

• 11.  RE: Callback Handle Times

GENESYS
    Posted 02-13-2024 09:04

Thanks for the feedback @Bill Gleeson @Richard Chandler. As Richard mentioned, the direction is for customers to look at the voice channel to get a sense of the interacting times for Callbacks that are now in active dialing/interacting with the customer. We probably need to provide some more signals there to let users know which ones are part of a Callback. I will take this up with our analytics team to see what we can do here. 

cc @Ryan Legner

Sachi Pradhan
    Product@Genesys

• 12.  RE: Callback Handle Times

Posted 13 days ago

Curious if there has been any advance on the analytics side post implementation or if an idea needs to be submiited for this.

Cheers

Steve

Stephen Abercrombie

• 13.  RE: Callback Handle Times

Posted 02-14-2024 15:14

Hi,

Firstly, let me say thank you for rolling this out, very much needed!

Now, for the concerns / issues...😯

1. As others have noted, the new metrics are not available in the summary views, which is a shame. For example, if I look at Queue Performance Summary, I can see AHT and THT, but not the new metrics broken out.
    2. This may not be new, but we have just noticed it. Bear with me here as it takes some explaining. I have a customer who (fairly regularly) transfers calls from one Queue to another. This is done via a "dummy" number, so the call gets all the flow treatments, including the offering of callbacks. OK, so we have noticed some weird behavior. Let us assume a call Goes into Queue A first, and is then transferred to Queue B. Whilst waiting in Queue B, a callback is offered and set up. (So the callback has nothing to do with Queue A). If you look at the Queue Performance Summary, filtered to show only callbacks, the call does not show for Queue A, but if you drill down into the Queue Interaction Details for Queue A, again filtered for callbacks, it does!
      Similarly, it would seem that the call statistics shown in the Performance Summary relate only to that part of the call that was handled by an agent in that queue, but the Queue Interaction Details shows statistics relating to the entire call.

This is causing some confusion. It came up because the lack of Callback Data showing in the Performance Summary (which is what is wanted) has necessitated te exporting of the Queue Details and it has not been possible to get the numbers to agree!

Help! (Yes, we have a ticket open with Care about this...)

Paul Simpson

• 14.  RE: Callback Handle Times

GENESYS
    Posted 02-14-2024 17:25

As others have noted, the new metrics are not available in the summary views, which is a shame. For example, if I look at Queue Performance Summary, I can see AHT and THT, but not the new metrics broken out.

We are taking a look at some options here. The initial goal was let's not double count things and let's show the actual picture of what an agent is doing with a Callback. The new metric ( Active Total Callback ) wasn't exposed here since its already captured in the call leg for an an agent handling the Callback ( The actual outbound call that the agent is initiating to complete the Callback request )

On the second point, lets see what care says. They might pull in the respective teams to dig into this further.  

Sachi Pradhan
    Product@Genesys

• 15.  RE: Callback Handle Times

Posted 02-14-2024 17:46

That makes some sense. The issue my customer has is that they are trying to get a feel for overall averages, so they really need to see these figures in the Summary views. It's not that they particularly needed to see the Total Active Callback (although now that it's available, of course they want it!) but the previous double-counting was causing issues.

Care got back and said the following:

The Queue Performance view relies on our conversations/aggregates/query API endpoint, which stores aggregate data, whereas the Queue Interactions view (and all "Interaction" views) uses the conversation/details/query endpoint, along with ElasticSearch data. These two endpoints query data in different ways, and so the cause behind the AHT not aligning is due to the following:

The Queue Interactions view takes the total handle time for the interactions themselves, regardless of the queue that the view is filtered on, and calculates AHT as a total for the Interaction itself.

The Queue Performance view, however, does filter the AHT based on the Interact Segments for agents who were delivered the interactions for the queue, and calculates AHT from these values.

This is obviously extremely confusing for the customer and it would be helpful if the metrics lined up. Perhaps, for the Queue Interactions view, there could be two sets of columns, one for the interaction as a whole and one for the sections of the interactions that were processed by users assigned to the Queue? The issue is that Agent performance (and ultimately compensation) is being evaluated and compared to the rest of the team. The Performance view allows the "bar" to be calculated, but the Interactions views are needed to assess the individual Agents. I hope that makes sense!

Paul Simpson

• 16.  RE: Callback Handle Times

Posted 02-21-2024 10:37

Hello  I have had the following statement from my  customer today. 

I'd like an explanation from Genesys about how we are to report on the amount of time agents spend on Callbacks following this feature release.

We can still report on the callback time outside of the call but I'd like confirmation from them about how we are to provide the complete time spent by agents going fwd.

There is no way to specifically identify Callback calls if we run the Voice media type and try to obtain the data from there. But even if we could, we'd still need to combine that with a Callback report and manually process the data outside of Genesys.

If this is that way they expect us to work going forward following their 'upgrade', it would be good to have that from them.

can you assist?

Thanks

Bill Gleeson
    Connect Managed Services (UK) Limited

• 17.  RE: Callback Handle Times

GENESYS
    Posted 02-21-2024 14:30

The Interactions View page will be the best place to pull the data on how long Agents spend handling a Callback ( and the corresponding Call when they start dialing the customer ). The 'Total Handle' column will contain the combined handle time without the double count that we were seeing before. 

Sachi Pradhan
    Product@Genesys

• 18.  RE: Callback Handle Times

Posted 02-22-2024 01:50
    Edited by Sami Mesiranta 02-22-2024 01:57

And what is the reason this Total Handle data is not in the summarized views?

We would also like to know does this affect the gamification views? We have a project that handles about 80% of contacts in callbacks.
    For this team we have a AHT metric setup with both voice and callback media channels combined.
    Over half of the team shows AHT for less than 5 minutes when this teams actual level is somewhere in 9 minutes and the absolute best agent has a AHT of more than 6 minutes.

here is one example in the Gamification view and in Agent performance both with data from last week for the same agent.

Sami Mesiranta
    Pihlajalinna Group

• 19.  RE: Callback Handle Times

Posted 02-22-2024 12:58

Firstly, I wanna say that this is very welcome. Double-counting the time was a bug that needed fixing.

The problem we are having is getting accurate statistics for a Queue. As noted elsewhere, the Callback stats are not broken out in the summary view, but if you open the Queue's Interaction details, then the whole interaction is summarized, including any transfers, so it's next to impossible to calculate the statistics relating to Agents in a Queue.

It's actually worse than that. If you look at the summary view and filter for Callbacks, you see callbacks for that queue, which is what you expect, however if you go to the Queue's Interaction Details, and again filter for Callbacks, you see all interactions that had a callback, regardless of whether it's for this Queue. (For example, Call comes in to Queue-A and has a callback. Agent transfers to Queue-B and the Agent there deals with it. Looking at the Summary of Queue-B, this interaction is not included, but if we look at the Interaction Details for Queue-B, it does!)

So, it's not possible to simply export the Data from the Queue's Interaction Details view into Excel and analyze there, since the Data does not just relate to that Queue.

Paul Simpson

• 20.  RE: Callback Handle Times

Posted 03-14-2024 09:55

Hello Sachi,

For instance, agent initiated call back and end user not reachable (it's playing carrier IVR) on this scenario that plated IVR timing will calculated under "Total Active Cal back" ? or will this value be null ?

Thanks & Regards,

Bhavin.

Bhavin Faldu
    Hexaware Technologies Limited

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources