Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Callback with voicemail option

Posted 02-09-2023 16:14

Hello,

I am redesigning a callflow for one of our queues and I wanted to know if anyone has been successful, or if it is possible to offer a voicemail option at the time the callback is offered. Our In-queue Flow with Callback is configured to offer a callback after 30 seconds of hold music.  The message states something like, "If you'd like to request a callback press 1" and I would like to offer, "To leave a voicemail, press 2".  Looking at the configuration for the callback, I don't see an option for additional numeric input.  

I would love to hear other ideas and suggestions, thanks!

Tina

#ArchitectureandDesign

------------------------------
    Tina Yocum
    Nxstage Medical, Inc.

• 2.  RE: Callback with voicemail option

GENESYS
    Posted 02-09-2023 16:17

Use a transfer to voicemail action with the target set to the current queue instead of the create callback action.  The caller will leave the voicemail and it will show up on the queue as a callback with the recording for the agent to listen to,

Melissa Bailey
    Genesys - Employees

• 3.  RE: Callback with voicemail option

Posted 02-20-2023 12:45

Hi,

I already use the vm option in other flows.  The ability to leave a message with a callback configuration would be similar. 

Thank you!

Tina Yocum
    Nxstage Medical, Inc.

• 4.  RE: Callback with voicemail option

Posted 03-17-2023 09:46

I am following this as well.  We would like to enable something similar. We would like for the customer to leave a short recording, even just name would be great.  We would like this to presented with the callback to the agent.

Guy Brown
    QBE Americas, Inc.

• 5.  RE: Callback with voicemail option

GENESYS
    Posted 05-02-2023 08:28

Callbacks and Queue voicemails are very similar. @Tina Yocum , in your example both options would result in a callback if the vm was sent to a queue. 

When a customer is given an option to leave a voicemail, architect gives you three targets for the vm... a user, a group or a queue. If the queue option is chosen, the voicemail is sent to the designated queue as an acd interaction that will then be delivered to an agent based on the routing rules for that queue and the object (i.e., skill or priority). When the agent receives the interaction, they can listen to the vm and then decided to make a call to the customer or not... It could be that a callback is not necessary. 

Callbacks work basically the same way, except there's no vm message. It's just an interaction in a queue that will be distributed based on the routing logic it has. 

Another key difference is that callbacks can be scheduled by the customer with the help of a bot that can translate the spoken date and time into values that can be put into the api endpoint for the scheduling part. 

Voicemails can be re-scheduled manually by the agent at the time they are received as an interaction, but scheduling them based on customer input at runtime is pretty tricky (I'm not sure if it's impossible, but....). 

Dean Thames
    Sr. Principal Consultant Cloud CX

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources