Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Calls drop within a few seconds of the agent answering

Posted 06-24-2022 09:08
    We are seeing an issue where calls that are blind transferred from one queue to another drop within a second or two of the agent answering. Now sometimes it shows the caller sending a bye and sometimes the agent. Happening to multiple agents. 

Anyone else seeing this sort of issue? Support have rebooted the remote edges.
    #Routing(ACD/IVR)
    #Telephony
    #Unsure/Other

------------------------------
    Andrew Lewis
    Health Management Ltd

• 2.  RE: Calls drop within a few seconds of the agent answering

Posted 06-26-2022 02:26

We've faced something like this - on an our customer site.

Igor Tyomkin
    ITNAV-Pro Ltd.

• 3.  RE: Calls drop within a few seconds of the agent answering

Posted 06-27-2022 03:12
    Do you know how it was fixed?

Andrew Lewis
    Health Management Ltd

• 4.  RE: Calls drop within a few seconds of the agent answering

Posted 06-27-2022 08:30
    We have this issue as well in our new deployment, causing many different issues.. 
    Support has provided info stating Blind Transfers will use the Site of the Original inbound call only. But Consult Transfers will use the Site of the station in use by the agent initiating the transfer. 

There is an idea submitted for changing how blind transfers are submitted..   please upvote so we can get a resolution to this basic functionality problem... 

https://genesyscloud.ideas.aha.io/ideas/OTB-I-512 [genesyscloud.ideas.aha.io]

Christine Serapiglia

• 5.  RE: Calls drop within a few seconds of the agent answering

GENESYS
    Posted 06-28-2022 12:52
    How does this idea about transfers related to calls dropping? OP is talking about internal calls to another queue, not calls out another trunk.

@Andrew Lewis have you opened a care case, something involving dropped calls is often beyond everyday config and not something you can just check a box to fix - nor is it something that should require a product suggestion to fix.​

• 6.  RE: Calls drop within a few seconds of the agent answering

Posted 06-28-2022 13:28
    Hi, you are correct it is internal from one queue to another. I have opened a call with support, it is not easy as they say things like the caller hung up. This is possible, but it is unlikely that they then can back and complain that they were cut off. Our poor switchboard get several of these a day and i thought i would ask if anyone else had seen the same issue.

Andrew Lewis
    Health Management Ltd

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources