Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Calls transferred by agents to a fictive DNIS, in order to send customers to a IVR (Survey application). DNIS Performance not showing these calls

Posted 11-24-2022 15:21
    Hi,

Our customer asked to have a specific IVR app to have a survey offered to their own customers contacting them-

So the flow is as it follows:

Incoming call on a public network DNIS, arriving on the main IVR offering callers 5 menu options which each of them are routed to different agent Queues. After the customer's questions or problems are treated and solved by agents, the call has to be transfered to the Survey IVR (call is transfered by the agent with a specific button configured as "blind transfer" to an internal fictive DDI (i.e.: +541141111111 - this is number is not existing in the Public Telephone Network). This fictive DDI, is routed to the Survey IVR.

The problem is that no call is found if consulting the DNIS Performance (Performance -> Workspace -> DNIS Performance) for this fictive DDI for the calls transferred by agents to the Survey IVR.

If you place a call from your own Genesys Cloud account to this DDI, the call is arriving to the Survey IVR, and these direct calls are then found on the DNIS Performance detailed information associated to the fictive DDI (+541141111111)

Don´t know if someone has already faced this kind of problems, and may someone can help me to have this problem solved in order to have the calls transferred appearing on the DNIS Performance details.

Thanks again in advance for your help and time to analyze this problem.

Regards,
    #Implementation
    #Reporting/Analytics
    #Routing(ACD/IVR)
    #SIP/VolP

------------------------------
    Jorge Marcelo Negri
    Senior Project Consultant
    Genesys PureCloud Certified Associate
    In Motion Argentina
    Ciudad Autónoma de Buenos Aires
    Argentina

• 2.  RE: Calls transferred by agents to a fictive DNIS, in order to send customers to a IVR (Survey application). DNIS Performance not showing these calls

Posted 11-24-2022 18:09
    I would suggest creating an external contact with that fictitious number and have them transfer to that contact.  Name it something that will show up easily at the top of the list.  The other option is to use a button on the script that transfers directly to the inbound call flow.  You could combine this with a transfer and a disconnect.

Robert Wakefield-Carl
    Avtex Solutions, LLC
    Contact Center Innovation Architect
    https://www.Avtex.com
    https://RobertWC.Blogspot.com

• 3.  RE: Calls transferred by agents to a fictive DNIS, in order to send customers to a IVR (Survey application). DNIS Performance not showing these calls

Posted 11-25-2022 07:57
    Thanks Robert for your reply and suggestions.

I'll test them.

But it is really strange that this transferred calls to this DDI arriving on the Survey IVR are never appearing on the DNIS Performance, and the calls started from any user calling the same DDI, are effectively displayed on the DNIS Performance.

May be someone can help and have an explaination about why this is happening.

Regards,

Jorge Marcelo Negri
    In Motion Argentina
    Argentina

• 4.  RE: Calls transferred by agents to a fictive DNIS, in order to send customers to a IVR (Survey application). DNIS Performance not showing these calls

Posted 11-25-2022 12:21
    I believe that the dnis report only shows calls that hit a trunk from an external connection. When you call a dnis internally, it does not go out of a trunk but hits the routing internally and probably never shows on the dnis table.

Robert Wakefield-Carl
    Avtex Solutions, LLC
    Contact Center Innovation Architect
    https://www.Avtex.com
    https://RobertWC.Blogspot.com

• 5.  RE: Calls transferred by agents to a fictive DNIS, in order to send customers to a IVR (Survey application). DNIS Performance not showing these calls

Posted 11-25-2022 13:25
    Thanks again Robert.

Regards,

Jorge Marcelo Negri
    In Motion Argentina
    Argentina

• 6.  RE: Calls transferred by agents to a fictive DNIS, in order to send customers to a IVR (Survey application). DNIS Performance not showing these calls

Posted 11-28-2022 05:24
    I can't answer your question but assuming you're just looking for reporting on the volumes transferred to the Survey flow, you could have the agents transfer to a queue, and have the first (and only) action on the in-queue flow be to transfer to the Survey IVR.

Then can report on volumes offered to the Survey queue.

James Dunn
    Pitney Bowes Inc.

• 7.  RE: Calls transferred by agents to a fictive DNIS, in order to send customers to a IVR (Survey application). DNIS Performance not showing these calls

Posted 11-28-2022 12:48
    Thanks for your reply and suggestion.

I'll check and see if this workaround is suitable for the customer (I hope it will...)

Regards

Jorge Marcelo Negri
    In Motion Argentina
    Argentina

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources