PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Can I limit the maximum number of calls a specific reps receives for a specific workgroup per day/week/or month?

Posted 05-24-2023 13:12

Hello!

Our reps support multiple workgroups, and as we train and add additional workgroups for them to support I was curious if there was a way I could limit the maximum number of calls they would receive per day/week/or month per that workgroup. 

Example: Lets say the rep is expected to see 10 calls per day/ 
    - Training Workgroup: Maximum number of calls per day would be 4
    - Primary Workgroup: rest of the day they will only receive this call type (6+). 

I know I can set priorities and weights, but didn't know if I could have them have a maximum number of calls per day per workgroup. 

#Routing(ACD/IVR)

------------------------------
    Emmitt McCurdy
    Wolters Kluwer United States Inc.

• 2.  RE: Can I limit the maximum number of calls a specific reps receives for a specific workgroup per day/week/or month?

Posted 05-24-2023 17:15

There's nothing out of the box that would allow these settings to give you what you want.

The approach that I would take (and you have said you don't really like), is use skills and proficiency and make an approximation based on call volume and staffing in the group to try to get close to your target.  This won't be perfect, but it has the least amount of customization and moving parts.

That said, if you're familiar with handlers, you could make a process to effectively increment a value stored somewhere (structured parameter, custom DS parameter on the user, database, etc) as to how many of X workgroup calls a user has taken when they are connected to one, then when the threshold is reached, deactivate the user in the workgroup.

Then just use the timer initiator to reactivate the user in the workgroup each day at midnight or whatever time works for your shift start/end times.

Again, above requires handler knowledge and knowledge of the correct customization points to go into to make changes at the right time to not have unintended consequences.

Aaron Lael
    State of Utah - comments on this forum reflect my own personal opinions\observations and are separate from any entity I am otherwise involved in.

• 3.  RE: Can I limit the maximum number of calls a specific reps receives for a specific workgroup per day/week/or month?

Posted 06-13-2023 11:06

Thank you for providing me some additional insight with it. I will have to experiment with priorities and weights, I don't want to lock out potential band width which sounds like handlers might do unintentionally or might need a lot of maintenance to keep up with. I would prefer sliding priorities but I don't think that would be possible as I'd want them to still get the calls but at a lower priority after they met a specific value/number of inbounds. 

I suppose I just need to research best practices for prioritizing and how to correctly implement them for each rep. 

Again thank you so much for replying and sharing your insight. 

Emmitt McCurdy

• 4.  RE: Can I limit the maximum number of calls a specific reps receives for a specific workgroup per day/week/or month?

Posted 05-26-2023 15:55

Aaron is absolutely correct and you could certainly do as he suggests with Handlers, however in my experience this kind of setup can have unintended consequences and what you state you want may not be what you actually desire in reality! As we all know, call centers are dynamic environments with many variables to manage. Let's consider a couple of scenarios. In each case, let us assume we have two Queues. Agent A is an "Expert" in Queue P, but a "Trainee" in Queue Q. Agent B is an "Expert" in Queue Q only.

1. Queue P is dead, but Queue Q is busy. Agent A has met their "quota" for the day of training calls in Queue Q. Agent B is on a call, and so busy. There is a call waiting in Queue Q. Do you really want the call to wait in Queue Q for Agent B to become available, even though Agent A is idle?
    2. Its the beginning of the day, so Training "quota" has not been met. Both queues have calls waiting. Agent B is on a call and Agent A has just become available. Since both types of call have equal value (if thy don't, use Priority) surely you would want Agent A to take the call in Queue P, since that is their specialty?

There are many other scenarios! In this instance, if you have a skill for each queue. Agent A has a high proficiency for Skill P, but a low proficiency in Skill Q. Agent B has a high proficiency in Skill Q. When a call comes in to Queue Q and is assigned Skill Q, the system will prefer Agent B. Agent A will only get the call if either Agent B is busy, or they have been idle for a significantly longer period (the exact time will depend on the actual proficiency difference). In the case of the second scenario, unless the call in Queue Q has been waiting a lot longer, Agent A will be given the call in Queue P as they have a higher Skill Level for that call. (Again, the times depend on the actual proficiency set.)

In this way, you "Trainee" will be offered fewer calls, but the exact number they get will depend on the current conditions in the call center. You can pull various other stunts if you want to, like having certain calls that a "Trainee" is never offered (by requiring a minimum proficiency) or by implementing a form of "Bullseye" routing to only draft in "Trainees" when calls have been waiting a while.

ACD is a big topic and there are a lot of nuances that can allow you to be quite surgical in the way it distributes calls.

HTH

Paul Simpson
    Eventus Solutions Group

• 5.  RE: Can I limit the maximum number of calls a specific reps receives for a specific workgroup per day/week/or month?

Posted 06-13-2023 11:10

Thank you for your reply, I had a feeling that it would end up becoming a bit more of a headache than working within priorities. I need to research and learn a bit more about priorities and weight best practices to make sure we are effective using that method. 

Emmitt McCurdy

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources