Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Can the caller's number (ANI) be passed when using the Transfer to Number function/

Posted 08-14-2022 20:43
    We use the 'Transfer to Number' action in some InQueue Call Flows to transfer the incoming call to an external number if the caller chooses a specific option. We would like the caller's phone number to be transferred to the external number, however it is using the number we have set for outbound calls. Is there a way we can keep the specified number for general outbound calls but display/send the caller's number when using the transfer function? 

Thanks
    #Outbound
    #Routing(ACD/IVR)
    #Telephony

------------------------------
    Sarah Newell
    Lifeline Aotearoa

• 2.  RE: Can the caller's number (ANI) be passed when using the Transfer to Number function/

Posted 08-17-2022 05:24
    Also relevant to us.

James Dunn
    Pitney Bowes Inc.

• 3.  RE: Can the caller's number (ANI) be passed when using the Transfer to Number function/

Posted 08-18-2022 08:27
    This is valuable for us as well

Kristin Rappe
    Roche Diabetes Care, Inc.

• 4.  RE: Can the caller's number (ANI) be passed when using the Transfer to Number function/

Posted 08-19-2022 08:18
    yes it  a setting in the trunk to retain origin caller, I believe protocol->routing address -> "Request URI" or Diversion Method,  I am not 100% sure.  Additionally, because Genesys requires E164 for in/out, you might require to do some translation for ISP preferred format, so call goes true.

Edgar Pum
    DirectAsia Insurance

• 5.  RE: Can the caller's number (ANI) be passed when using the Transfer to Number function/

Posted 08-21-2022 11:10
    @Sarah Newell @James Dunn @Kristin Rappe​​​​ Are you on BYOC or Genesys Cloud voice? we are migrating to Genesys Cloud and interested to know how to address this issue

Vincent Sabolboro
    ATB Financial

• 6.  RE: Can the caller's number (ANI) be passed when using the Transfer to Number function/

Posted 08-24-2022 15:45
    Hi Vincent
    I am advised we have a BYOC-Prem deployment.

Sarah Newell
    Lifeline Aotearoa

• 7.  RE: Can the caller's number (ANI) be passed when using the Transfer to Number function/

Posted 08-22-2022 04:03
    Try going inside the Trunk settings (assuming you can manage that Trunk) and under the 'Calling' section, set Address & Name override method to 'Unassigned DID' and see if that works for you.

John Lazarus
    Conn3ct (Connect Managed Services (UK) Limited)

• 8.  RE: Can the caller's number (ANI) be passed when using the Transfer to Number function/

Posted 08-24-2022 15:48
    Update...
    Thanks for the responses. I have been advised of a couple of related ideas on the ideas lab that may be of interest:
    https://genesyscloud.ideas.aha.io/ideas/INB-I-176

https://genesyscloud.ideas.aha.io/ideas/INB-I-571

Sarah Newell
    Lifeline Aotearoa

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources