Genesys DX (formerly Bold360)

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Chat Canned Message Export Options

Posted 12-11-2023 19:44

Is there a simple way to export an entire chat canned message folder to an Excel or CSV formatted sheet?

For instance, say I had a chat canned message folder and wanted to get all of the messages from that folder into an easily readable document. Is the only way simply copying and pasting each individual message for each chat canned message folder I have? Or can this be done either by me or the Genesys DX Dev Team?

I've found both the Export to Genesys Cloud Format and Export to Bold360 Format options in the Admin portal, but neither of these is useful to me as it includes all of the formatting details as well and exports into one individual message for the entire folder. Ideally, the report would have separate columns for Title, Keywords, Language, Subject, and the actual message.

I know I'm dreaming here, but I thought I would check with the group. Thanks for any help anyone can provide :)

------------------------------
    Tim Bryan
    Conversion Logix, LLC

• 2.  RE: Chat Canned Message Export Options

GENESYS
    Posted 12-13-2023 15:26

Hi Tim,

You can use the Bold360 API to export the canned messages into JSON, and then use another (3rd party) tool to create them into a CSV. Bold does not export the canned messages into CSV/Excel format so this would be the best way to mass-export the canned responses.

You can find the relevant CRUD (Create, Read, Update, Delete) API calls for both the folders and messages below:

Canned Message Folders: https://developer.bold360.com/help/EN/Bold360API/Bold360API/c_provisioning_canned_folders.html

Canned Messages: https://developer.bold360.com/help/EN/Bold360API/Bold360API/c_provisioning_canned_messages.html

Hope this helps!

Best,

Gregory LeMay
    Genesys - Employees

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources