Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Chat GPT live assistant/translation

Posted 13 days ago

I've been looking for some time at different ways to integrate live translation into our calls. So far, ive only seen products that translate to text then to the desired language and then back via text to speech. However, i saw on monday that OpenAI has a new Chat GPT assistant that you can now talk to. In the demo the person said basically 'hi, please translate what im saying to my friend in spanish and then translate what he says back to me in english" and then it did so in real time via voice. This product is supposed to be rolled out to users within the coming weeks/months. Does anyone know how we would theoretically integrate something like that into our Genesys calls or even if that's possible? would it all be via audio hooks?

#ArchitectureandDesign
    #Integrations
    #Telephony

------------------------------
    dawn weston
    AvalonBay Communities, Inc.

• 2.  RE: Chat GPT live assistant/translation

GENESYS
    Posted 12 days ago

Hi Dawn,

This is a great idea and support staff has also shared interest in having this exact idea implemented. https://genesyscloud.ideas.aha.io/ideas/CEIH-I-78

We are excited about the AI implementations being worked on internally. This would be a widely useful integration with language translation into live contacts. 

Not sure about any possible audio hooks, but keep an eye on the idea I shared and vote for it to. 

Jobie Gilchrist
    Genesys - Employees

• 3.  RE: Chat GPT live assistant/translation

Posted 12 days ago

The link to your idea does not work @Jobie Gilchrist

Record not found

We could not find the record you requested because either:

• The record was deleted
    • You don't have permission to see the record

Rial Coleman
    Sr. VoIP Administrator
    District of Columbia Water and Sewer Authority

• 4.  RE: Chat GPT live assistant/translation

GENESYS
    Posted 11 days ago

I will need to figure that one out. While working on finding a better link, I came across this recently posted article.

https://www.genesys.com/blog/post/3-ways-ai-supports-a-multilingual-contact-center

Jobie Gilchrist
    Genesys - Employees

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources