Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

Chat Interaction Distribution not routing to available agents on queue but to an agent already taking multiple chat interactions.

• 1.  Chat Interaction Distribution not routing to available agents on queue but to an agent already taking multiple chat interactions.

Posted 12-07-2022 10:14
    Edited by Jason Tran 12-07-2022 10:25
    There are 3 agents in the queue and they both have can take a max of 3 chat interaction. It appears when one of the agent is already taking 2 chat interaction they get a alert for another in the queue despite 2 or 1 agent in the queue being available and on it not taking any interaction for sometime. The queue routing is standard ACD that disregard skills so its not skill base just who is available in the queue. Genesys based who they route interaction based on how long a user is in the queue not taking interaction. I would expect it to route to an agent that just got on queue and ready to take an interaction and not 1 agent already taking multiple interactions.

There no documentation that state why this would be the case. Does anyone know if when user are set to use 3 or more of a specific interaction type in their utilization, yhe routing tries to have a user max out their utilization capacity and would ignore other agents available on queue at the time>
    #Omni-ChannelDesktop/UserInterface

• 2.  RE: Chat Interaction Distribution not routing to available agents on queue but to an agent already taking multiple chat interactions.

Posted 12-07-2022 10:27
    I believe the availability time is how long since the last disconnection, so.....

------------------------------
    Paul Simpson
    Eventus Solutions Group

• 3.  RE: Chat Interaction Distribution not routing to available agents on queue but to an agent already taking multiple chat interactions.

Posted 12-07-2022 10:44
    Hi Paul, according to the genesys, the agent with the longest time (in milliseconds) since the last-handled ACD interaction have highest priority. If one agent just got on the queue for the day I would assume the one who just got on the queue would get higher priority then an agent that was on earlier taking 1 or 2 interaction at the time. 

Are you saying the routing may not take into the account the agent taking the current interaction (not disconnected) there working on and will still consider the last time they took an interaction that wasn't disconnected?

NA

• 4.  RE: Chat Interaction Distribution not routing to available agents on queue but to an agent already taking multiple chat interactions.

Posted 12-07-2022 11:33
    My understanding is that, yes.

The agent "availability" counter gets reset when the interaction disconnected. This only makes a difference when agents are allowed multiple interactions - as is the case here. I agree that it seems back-asswards and it may be worth opening an idea. There are other issues to consider, though.

If you allow agents to take multiple interaction types, then you can end up in a situation where all three agents have 1 chat each (with spare "capacity" for 2 more, in your case) and then a call comes in, either you allow the call to interrupt the chat, which is probably bad, or the call will have to wait, which is also bad. By allowing the system to "fill up" an agent's capacity before moving to the next one, you keep agents 100% available for different interaction types, if you see what I mean?

I think this may need to be a setting since switching mode would probably upset as many people as it pleases...

Just my 10 cents.

Paul Simpson
    Eventus Solutions Group

• 5.  RE: Chat Interaction Distribution not routing to available agents on queue but to an agent already taking multiple chat interactions.

Posted 12-07-2022 12:01
    Edited by Jason Tran 12-07-2022 12:04
    Hi Paul,

There utilization doesn't allow to have interaction types to interrupt their chat and I believe chats are the only types they take so I can rule out something with the other interactions type since they only take chats.

I guess it may be worth asking a question to Genesys directly to see if this is the case of their routing ignoring the current chat interaction a agent is taking and just routes it to them to fill out their capacity because it looking at their last time they disconnected a interaction? I notice that one agent had already finished a few chat interaction 30 minutes ago when they were currently handling a few so still odd the new agent that got on queue a bit later then those finished chat interaction didn't get routed a chat interaction even thou yesterday was the last time they took a interaction.

Can't find anything that would explain this in their documents or being discussed. I guess there maybe something in the routing that has a priority of Genesys routing interaction for the sake of maxing the capacity to agent. That would sorta kill the point of the customer wanting a even chat distribution if that was the case.

NA

• 6.  RE: Chat Interaction Distribution not routing to available agents on queue but to an agent already taking multiple chat interactions.

Posted 12-07-2022 13:20
    There is a setting under Organization Settings > Settings (Routing Includes Agent Presence) which basically controls whether the "timer" is reset when an agent goes off-queue. You might want to check it out....

HTH

Paul Simpson
    Eventus Solutions Group

• 7.  RE: Chat Interaction Distribution not routing to available agents on queue but to an agent already taking multiple chat interactions.

Posted 12-07-2022 13:46
    Edited by Jason Tran 12-07-2022 13:47
    Hi Paul,

Thanks the setting is enabled for the organization so that would mean interactions route based on the time since an agent's last interaction and the their score resets if I'm correct.

NA

• 8.  RE: Chat Interaction Distribution not routing to available agents on queue but to an agent already taking multiple chat interactions.

Posted 12-07-2022 14:03
    My reading is that if enabled, the score is reset when they go off / on queue. This seems to match what you are saying is happening. Agent A disconnects, so their availability timer is set to zero. 30 minutes later, Agent B logs in and goes on queue, which resets their timer. When an interaction arrives, A has been available 30 minutes longer than B, so A gets it.

If you turn this setting off, then if Agent B disconnects an interaction on Monday at 5:00PM then goes off queue, logs of and goes home. Next Day, Agent A disconnects an interaction at 8:00am and Agent B logs in at 9:00am. Next interaction, B will have been available 15 hours longer than A, since the whole time since 5;00pm the previous day is counted.

HTH

Paul Simpson
    Eventus Solutions Group

• 9.  RE: Chat Interaction Distribution not routing to available agents on queue but to an agent already taking multiple chat interactions.

Posted 12-07-2022 15:39
    Hi Paul,

Yea it makes sense now also according to Genesys your still seen as available until you hit the maximum level of capacity so that would mean the agent was still seen as available until they hit the limit. Yep Looks like I have everything now. Appreciate the input. 

https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/agent-availability/

Thank You

NA

• 10.  RE: Chat Interaction Distribution not routing to available agents on queue but to an agent already taking multiple chat interactions.

Posted 12-07-2022 15:53
    No problem! I hope it helps you figure it out.

The problem with behavior like this is that half of their customer base want one thing, and half the other! (See my earlier comments). That's why I'm for having a setting somewhere to allow it to be configured.

Seriously, though, I recommend putting in a suggestion on the ideas portal - can't hurt!

Paul Simpson
    Eventus Solutions Group

• 11.  RE: Chat Interaction Distribution not routing to available agents on queue but to an agent already taking multiple chat interactions.

Posted 12-19-2023 08:06

Hi there is an Idea on the portal https://genesyscloud.ideas.aha.io/ideas/CERTNG-I-1735 .

Please vote and support implementation. 

Cheers

Rado 

Radosław Kuśnierz
    Accenture Poland

• 12.  RE: Chat Interaction Distribution not routing to available agents on queue but to an agent already taking multiple chat interactions.

Posted 12-07-2022 12:56
    We are about to roll out chat interactions within our Contact Center.  We have laid out a full system test plan for the call routing and have not seen what you are describing.  Actually, we prefer to have the agents stack their interactions, but using a 3rd party chat we were told that this was not possible.  Only available with some advanced flow routing using Genesys' native chat

Agent 1     Agent 2     Agent 3     Agent 4     Agent 5
    C1            C2             C3             C4            C5
    C6            C7....etc

We do have groups that allow for interruption of interactions voice/chat and all of this worked just fine.  That being said, we use Skill-based routing for our chats and may be this is the difference.  We set out our full test plan and then went through it manually to determine what WE believed would happen with the voice/chat interactions and when we tested, it fell exactly as expected.  Maybe you can try to do the same.

John Anaya
    Amdocs Management Limited

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources