Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Dialog Engine Bot Flows - Controlling the count of No Match and No Input with variables/logic irrespective of sequence

Posted 07-20-2022 11:13
    Hi Everyone,

In Bot flows, we have the option to set the No Input and No Match counts. As per the requirement, I've set it up as 2 each. 

While testing, two continuous No Matches and No Inputs are getting validated successfully. But the issue arises when we try the combination of both. So, it allows the following sequence:
    • No Match
    • No Input
    • No Match
    • No Input
    • And then the exit configuration.
    I was wondering whether there's any way to control or restrict this from happening and to fix the count as 2 irrespective of the sequence (No Match -- No Input -- exit).

Thanks in advance.
    #ArchitectureandDesign
    #Unsure/Other

------------------------------
    Sriram L

• 2.  RE: Dialog Engine Bot Flows - Controlling the count of No Match and No Input with variables/logic irrespective of sequence

Posted 07-27-2022 14:53
    In the past, I would use a loop and turn off those settings and then use the results to decide what to do with a selection tool and looping back to Ask for Intent or exit the loop.

Robert Wakefield-Carl
    Avtex Solutions, LLC
    Contact Center Innovation Architect
    https://www.Avtex.com
    https://RobertWC.Blogspot.com

• 3.  RE: Dialog Engine Bot Flows - Controlling the count of No Match and No Input with variables/logic irrespective of sequence

Posted 07-28-2022 03:53
    Hi Robert,

I have tried the workaround with the loops by setting the No Match and No Input Counts as 0. But the loops are not iterating, since we set the 'Recognition Failure Event' as to 'Exit the Flow' at the event handling.

Do we have a way to turn off these settings as you've mentioned ?. Kindly give me a little insight on how you have achieved it with the current Genesys Dialog engine bot flow.

Thanks and Regards,

Sriram L

• 4.  RE: Dialog Engine Bot Flows - Controlling the count of No Match and No Input with variables/logic irrespective of sequence

Posted 08-03-2022 00:51
    Hello Sriram L

I agreed with Robert, and its working in our setup. Kindly check the loop configuration in your flow. try  variation.\ with loops 

vinayak Vagal
    SmartConnect Technologies Pvt. Ltd

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources