View Only

Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

Coming Soon Releases

• 1.  Coming Soon Releases

Posted 06-02-2023 15:55
    Edited by Cressida Gioiella 06-02-2023 15:55

Hello-

I am looking for guidance on how I can better understand the upcoming releases.  There are some exciting changes for our WFM teams potentially scheduled for the June 7th release.  In the description it is vague on what is actually changing.  They look to me to explain what the expected changes are, for example.  There is one with the time off request view will be improved.  What is improved?  Is this just for the WFM admins?  It will not impact the agent?  

Workforce management time-off requests user interface improvements

Genesys Cloud improved the workforce management time-off requests view. These improvements ensure better visual alignment and consistency with other workforce management views and administrator page, including updated to iconography and option selection

Do we know what the interface will look like after the change?  Dashboard metrics what is being added?  

Introducing improved alerting

Supervisors can now use the enhanced and improved alerting functionality to better manage day to day operations. The improved process includes a refreshed user interface; new real time dashboard metrics; the ability to receive alerts in real time when a threshold is not met, rather than at the end of the day; and SMS, email, and toast message improvements to include actionable data and links to detailed reports where applicable. This feature has no restriction by user or required user to access.

I have reviewed the Idea Roadmap to see if I could find the idea that lead to these enhancements and could not find anything.

Thank you

#WorkforceManagement

------------------------------
    Cressida Gioiella
    Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Company

• 2.  RE: Coming Soon Releases
    Best Answer

GENESYS
    Posted 06-05-2023 14:20
    Edited by Cressida Gioiella 06-09-2023 10:37

Hello Cressida,

The improvements to the time-off request user interface are very minor.  This one is specifically referring to some changes we are making to the look and feel of this UI.  There are no functionality updates made in this specific one.  

• The Type option is changing to a radio button
    • Count as Paid Time is changing to a check box
    • The Select Dates and Length are changing to the standard date and time pickers to be consistent with other screens

Belinda Herrera
    GENESYS TELECOMMUNICATIONS LAB. INC

• 3.  RE: Coming Soon Releases

GENESYS
    Posted 06-06-2023 04:15

Thanks Belinda :-)

@Cressida Gioiella I am sourcing an answer for you for the improved alerting.

Tracy
    Genesys

• 4.  RE: Coming Soon Releases

Posted 06-06-2023 10:19

Thank you both.  Is there a spot where I can find this information on my own?  I want to make sure I am not missing anything.  I appreciate your assistance.  

Cressida Gioiella
    Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Company

• 5.  RE: Coming Soon Releases

GENESYS
    Posted 06-07-2023 03:52

Only on the release notes and the ideas roadmap, but feel free to ask questions on here, as you see I mderate the discussons and will try to source the answers for you.

Tracy
    Genesys

• 6.  RE: Coming Soon Releases

Posted 06-07-2023 10:50

Hi Tracy - On the new time-off feature, I really like the changes to Full Day. On Partial day however, it appears the estimated paid hours take out lunch if it's in the time period requested. In the real world, the PTO overrides the lunch and they are paid the full hours requested. Is this a bug or is this as designed and what are the use cases? 

Shannon Hellner
    Paycor, Inc.

• 7.  RE: Coming Soon Releases

GENESYS
    Posted 06-07-2023 17:12

Hi Shannon,

You are correct, for partial day time-off the paid hours would exclude their lunch time if it falls within the time period requested.  That is by design.  This ensures that the agent gets paid for the correct number of hours for their shift on that specific day.  For example, agent works 8 to 5 and has a lunch break from 12 to 1.  That's a 9 hour shift with a 1 hour lunch and a total paid time of 8 hours.  If the agent works from 8 to 12 (4hrs) then takes PTO from 12 to 5 (5hrs) and if we show all 5 hours as paid time then the total paid time for the day would be 9 instead of 8.  By excluding the lunch, the paid time for the PTO would be 4hrs giving the agent a total of 8hrs for the day.  I hope that helps.  

Belinda Herrera

• 8.  RE: Coming Soon Releases

Posted 06-08-2023 09:20
      |   view attached

Thanks for the response Belinda. That does make sense, we solve for lunch through a different method though so perhaps that is the crux of the issue. In your example above, the agent would work 8a-12p, we'd code 12p-1p "unavailable", and PTO from 1p-5p.  

To help illustrate the confusion when agents are making requests, I've added a screen shot of an example where the agent requested two consecutive days with 5 hours PTO. We would pay this person for 5 hours PTO. But depending on where the lunch lands, they get two different payable times and also neither one is accurate to how we actually pay out. Is it possible to make the Payable Time an option instead of automatic?

Shannon Hellner
    Paycor, Inc.

Attachment(s)

xlsx
    gen example.xlsx   35 KB 1 version

• 9.  RE: Coming Soon Releases

Posted 06-09-2023 04:20

One of our customers has also noted an issue since the release. If you have a full day time off the filling fast fire is not shown but if you change to hours this is.  We are also seeing fire on days when the agent has no shift (Sundays)

Richard Chandler
    Connect

• 10.  RE: Coming Soon Releases

Posted 06-09-2023 09:11

Richard - We have the same issue, I've asked my team to open a ticket. 

Shannon Hellner
    Paycor, Inc.

• 11.  RE: Coming Soon Releases

GENESYS
    Posted 06-09-2023 13:20

Hi Richard,

Have you compared the number of hours being requested to the number of hours still available in the Time-off limits?  Is is possible that when you have it set to a full day that maybe there aren't enough hours left to approve a full day however when you switch it to a partial day and only request 4hrs then it shows that the day is almost full and the request can be approved?  

Belinda Herrera

• 12.  RE: Coming Soon Releases

Posted 06-09-2023 13:29

Belinda - I'm having the same as his second issue noted. We are closed on weekends so there are no hours in the limits on any weekend day. These days used to have the red box for waitlist. With Tuesday's update, Genesys gives the fire symbol, and if someone requests it, they get the error - "Your request was not auto approved because the daily duration specified is not compatible with the scheduled or planned shift duration", because none of our work plans include weekends. 

Shannon Hellner
    Paycor, Inc.

• 13.  RE: Coming Soon Releases

GENESYS
    Posted 06-09-2023 14:11

Hi Shannon,

Thanks for the explanation.  The error message you get when you try to request a weekend day makes sense but I agree that it shouldn't show the fire symbol.  It should still show the red box that it was showing previously.  I know you are opening a ticket so someone will get back to you soon on this. 

Belinda Herrera

• 14.  RE: Coming Soon Releases

GENESYS
    Posted 06-09-2023 13:00

Hi Shannon,

I'm assuming that on the 13th the lunch is at 12:00 and on the 14th the lunch is at 12:30 based on the payable time.  So on the 13th they would work from 1:00 to the end of their shift and on the 14th they would work from 1:30 to the end of their shift.  Assuming the end time is 5:00 then between the hours they actually work and the paid PTO time that would give them the full 8hrs for the day.  I guess I'm still a little confused as to why you think that both the 4hrs and 4h 30m is incorrect for each of these days.  Are you expecting the payable hours to be 5hrs?  If you pay them 5hrs of PTO and then they work from 1 to 5 then they'll get 9hrs for that day. 

An agent cannot adjust the payable time when submitting a Time-off request, it will be calculated automatically.  However, as an Admin you are able to set the payable hours for time-off requests in the Time-off Requests screen. 

Belinda Herrera

• 15.  RE: Coming Soon Releases

Posted 06-09-2023 13:24

Hi Belinda - I see I was off in my example. Both days would have PTO from 8a-1p, have an unavailable (unpaid) segment from 1-2, and work from 3-5. So they'd be paid 5 hours of PTO when requesting 5 hours of PTO. We always pay out the full amount requested. 

I guess what I'm saying is Genesys solves for the lunch a different way than we do. The payable time won't work for us, I will just tell our agents to ignore it on partial days. 

Thanks for your help. 

Shannon Hellner
    Paycor, Inc.

• 16.  RE: Coming Soon Releases

GENESYS
    Posted 06-09-2023 14:14

Shannon, yes it sounds like your process requires a little manual intervention to adjust for the lunch break.  You would have to continue to do the same, either move their lunch to fall during the hours that they are actually working or remove the lunch completely from their schedule and add an unavailable segment as you've been doing in order for them to get the full hours they are asking for. 

Belinda Herrera

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources