PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Confirm Station Connection?

Posted 02-12-2024 10:30

Has anyone ever successfully used the Confirm Station Connect initiator and/or the Station Connection Confirmation tool step? They are very sparsely documented. If so, could you explain a bit about what you did and how they worked? Thanks in advance!

From the little bit of documentation that's there, they seem like they may be useful in doing what I want to do; verify that the agent can actually hear their remote station audio before routing a call to them. We have constant problems with the remote station call going to the agent's personal voicemail because they don't answer their phone. I'd like a way for the agent to confirm that they have their remote station connected and it's working properly.

#Handlers

------------------------------
    Dave Halderman
    Thedacare Inc

• 2.  RE: Confirm Station Connection?

Posted 02-14-2024 12:02

you got me curious, so i set this up in our development environment.  As far as I could tell this was just testing that the remote workstation was reachable more than any other functionality.  It feels like a way to make remote workstations behave more like a remote number, and added a lot of delay to the move from initializing to proceeding.  My guess is that TS polls a queue of notifications back from the handler tool step since there is no output in the handler itself.

I do not think this would achieve what you want, necessarily, but it would add a check that the remote workstation was "reachable" before doing trying to ring/alert to their station.

If you do try to set this up, you want Interaction 2 from the initiator to be passed into the tool step, not Interaction 1.

Hope this helps a little.

Aaron Lael
    State of Utah - comments on this forum reflect my own personal opinions\observations and are separate from any entity I am otherwise involved in.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources