Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Connection metric for outbound calls

Posted 07-12-2024 09:33

Hey,

Could someone enlighten me as to how the Connection metric is calculated for outbound calls within the Queue Performance view, I understand that for inbound calls it means the caller has navigated the IVR and has been connected with an agent, but I am not sure how that is reflected for outbound?

#Outbound

------------------------------
    John Sergeant
    Coloplast A/S

• 2.  RE: Connection metric for outbound calls

Posted 07-15-2024 05:14

Hey,  

I would really appreciate any response to this question as this is our most queried metric

John Sergeant
    Coloplast A/S

• 3.  RE: Connection metric for outbound calls

GENESYS
    Posted 07-15-2024 12:31

Hello John!

Sorry for the late reply. But I have the documentation here for the metric definition. 

"The number of connected customer sessions. A customer session includes any activity where an external party has joined a conversation. For example, a single customer session indicates a customer calling the system to go through the IVR, waiting in the queue, and getting answered."

I hope this metric is a little clearer now.

Cheers!

Cameron Tomlin
    Online Community Manager/Moderator
    Genesys - Employees

• 4.  RE: Connection metric for outbound calls

Posted 07-16-2024 04:23

Thanks Cameron

I understand for Inbound calls it counts when callers have navigated through the IVR to an agent

But for outbound it does not follow this path as it's a direct contact with the customer, do you know at which stage of an outbound call it counts as being connected, is it simply the phone ringing, if so I would expect a much higher percentage to be logged as connected or it there any other variable being counted?

John Sergeant
    Coloplast A/S

• 5.  RE: Connection metric for outbound calls

GENESYS
    Posted 7 days ago

Hi John,

It is a count of connected customer sessions and would count ringing as connected on an outbound call.

Without being able to check examples, it is hard to tell exactly what has happened, but I would check an interval where you have a small amount of outbound interactions where you have a lower count of connections and see if you can tell why it didn't connect. e.g. it failed during dialing, this would show as a system disconnect and it could be because the dialed number was wrong and it was unable to connect.

If you feel that something isn't right once you have investigated, I would raise a case to care to look at the specific example conversationIDs as they will be able to either explain it or look into it if there is an issue.

Sam Jillard
    Online Community Manager/Moderator
    Genesys - Employees

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources