Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Consult transfer with skill

Posted 08-02-2022 17:13
    Hi,
    Is it possible to specify a skill when calling the API to perform a consult transfer to an ACD queue?
    My use case:
    I have a First and second tier queue. Agents in the first tier perform triage before consult transferring to the second. There are 5 types of escalation, so 5 skills.
    The plan is to have 5 buttons on the 1st Tier agent's script.
    Now, I could create 5 "dummy" numbers to consult transfer to, that route through a flow that transfers to the queue with the corresponding skill, but that seems overly complex.
    I wanted to use a Data Action to call the API to perform the consult transfer to the queue when the button(s) are pressed, but even though I can specify the Queue in the Body, I can't figure out if I can also specify a skill.
    I hope that makes sense!
    Ideas welcome!
    #ArchitectureandDesign
    #Integrations
    #Routing(ACD/IVR)

• 2.  RE: Consult transfer with skill

Posted 10-17-2023 12:46

Ever figure this one out?  Thanks

------------------------------
    Marcus Hanna
    Conduit Health Partners

• 3.  RE: Consult transfer with skill

Posted 24 days ago

Hi,

I would use a Secure Flow for this.

Create a dropdown menu with the options and create a new the variable e.g. routingSkillNew, and assign the selected option to that variable.

Then create a button, that triggers a secure flow. And send the routingSkillNew allong as invocation data. In the Secure Flow you take the invacationdata and use this to do a Find Skill, then do a Transfer To ACD with that skill.

Used it many times already, works like a charm.

BR,

Rob

Rob Mulder
    DDM Consulting Nederland B.V.

• 4.  RE: Consult transfer with skill

Posted 24 days ago

Hey Paul, is this the Paul Simpson?

In our environment I went with the Consult Transfer option in the Script Actions combined with Call Flow that controls our internal extensions.  The skills are applied in the call flow and the Script gives the agents the ability to transfer. 

We went all out and rebuild the functionality for blind/consult and callbacks, along with we a quick check on the queues to make sure we have agents to transfer to.

Chris Martin
    CCS Medical, Inc.

• 5.  RE: Consult transfer with skill

Top 25 Contributor
    Posted 22 days ago
    Edited by Anton Vroon 22 days ago

Consult APIs don't have Skill as part of their schema, so not directly.

There is 

PATCH /api/v2/routing/conversations/{conversationId} which lets you update an existing calls skills and priority. So after creating the consult you could call this one.
    And yes if agent's available on queue, then you will have that race condition. 

Edit: https://developer.genesys.cloud/devapps/api-explorer#patch-api-v2-routing-conversations--conversationId-
    Anton Vroon

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources