Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Creating task in salesforce - failed to save interaction (call duration 0)

Posted 03-24-2023 00:52

Hey all

Each time an agent is using the Genesys widget in Salesforce and the call duration is 0 (not reaching voicemail / message bank etc) they are getting a "failed to save interaction" 

If they talk to the client the task saves fine, 

has anyone experienced this issue?

thank you

#ArchitectureandDesign
    #Integrations
    #SystemAdministration
    #Unsure/Other

• 2.  RE: Creating task in salesforce - failed to save interaction (call duration 0)

Posted 03-24-2023 09:15

Richard,

We have noticed a few "anomalies" with the SF client. I recommend opening a ticket with Genesys.

HTH

------------------------------
    Paul Simpson
    Eventus Solutions Group

• 3.  RE: Creating task in salesforce - failed to save interaction (call duration 0)

GENESYS
    Posted 03-26-2023 21:03

failures to save call logs are typically accompanied by an error that can be found in the browser console logs.  Immediately after experiencing such an issue, opening the browser console log and searching for "error" is usually pretty instructive as to what's going wrong.  Attempting to recreate this on my end, I don't see this sort of issue (i.e. I can save call logs that have no call duration), which tells me this isn't a universal issue; most of the time when I encounter this sort of transient error that doesn't recreate in my own Salesforce org, it's because of a configuration issue of some sort.  I would probably start by looking to see if there is some sort of field validation in place on the task record that is preventing saving if a particular field isn't present (this will also show up in the console log as the explicit reason for the error).  

Genesys Cloud support can also help with this issue, although they're likely going to be walking you through the steps I just described as a starting point for troubleshooting.

Richard Schott
    Genesys - Employees

• 4.  RE: Creating task in salesforce - failed to save interaction (call duration 0)

Posted 03-26-2023 23:10

Thank you all. 

I raised a case with Genesys, 

the odd thing is that the issue comes up in Salesforce classic, i cannot get this to happen in lightning. 

Also when the error comes up, in the console logs its a warning. 

Richard

• 5.  RE: Creating task in salesforce - failed to save interaction (call duration 0)

GENESYS
    Posted 03-27-2023 10:35

Classic was a wrinkle I hadn't considered, but when I try it I'm able to see the same thing.  this may involve a discussion with Salesforce's support team as well, as I can't see anything in the console logs that's particularly useful (the method to save the call log returns "SaveLog API method failed unexpectedly.", with no helpful indication as to why it failed).  

Richard Schott
    Genesys - Employees

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources