Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View

CX Cloud's integration with Salesforce - Digital Lookup

• 1.  CX Cloud's integration with Salesforce - Digital Lookup

Posted 3 days ago

I have a question regarding Genesys CX Cloud's integration with Salesforce. While I'm comfortable with Genesys, I'm still relatively new to Salesforce.

Specifically, I'm interested in leveraging digital channels within CX Cloud (including Salesforce and Genesys) for a use case primarily focused on Genesys.

The Genesys documentation I found here (https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/set-participant-data-action/) mentions that Architect's "Set Participant Data" step allows setting attributes like email, firstName, and lastName.

However, I wasn't able to locate information regarding lookups for SMS and chat/messaging channels in the documentation. Would you be able to clarify how inbound SMS messages via Genesys trigger lookups within Salesforce?

Additionally, I have a specific scenario where I'd like to understand the possibilities. In this case, I want to use the phone number within the subject line of an inbound email for contact lookup in Salesforce, essentially overriding the standard email-based lookup. I understand this might be an uncommon approach, but it aligns with my specific needs. To elaborate further, I'm aiming to use the phone number in the subject line to assign the email experience object (or the appropriate object) to the corresponding contact in Salesforce.

Furthermore, did anyone succeed in setting up Partner Telephony on SFDC Dev instance? I'm stuck there as it only allows Amazon Connect.

Thanks in advance

#Integrations

------------------------------
    Mahmoud Hayani
    GlobalConnect AB
    ------------------------------

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources