Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Data Action in Call Rule Set - Use values other than ones from contact list or send to a flow to call the data action there?

Posted 2 days ago

Hello,

I want a data action to occur when the outbound campaign call's result is "Busy or "No Answer". This can be done through the Call Rule Sets, but it appears I have to use values from the contact list (as far as I can tell). Is there a way around this to either set a static value or to sent it to a flow? For instance, I'm not doing this for "Machine" (call goes to voicemail) because I can set in a Call Analysis Response that it goes to a flow where I can then call a data action and leave a voicemail (haven't set this up yet but it seems straight forward). Can I not do this for "Busy" and "No Answer"?

Thank you,

Jeremy

#Integrations
    #Outbound

------------------------------
    Jeremy Prevost
    Lentegrity LLC

• 2.  RE: Data Action in Call Rule Set - Use values other than ones from contact list or send to a flow to call the data action there?

Posted 2 days ago

Hi Jeremy,

You can't leave a voicemail for Busy/No Answer if that was one of your questions.  

In the Wrap-up Rule set, based on the response from Call Analysis when Busy or No Answer, you can configure Data Action that launches a Flow of Workflow type. The API for Data Action can be found at:  

https://developer.genesys.cloud/devapps/api-explorer-standalone#post-api-v2-flows-executions

In this Flow of Workflow type, you can add the call to either another Data Action or execute any additional logic needed. 

Tatjana Knezevic

www.startelecom.cloud

https://www.linkedin.com/company/star-telecom-www-startelecom-ca-/

• 3.  RE: Data Action in Call Rule Set - Use values other than ones from contact list or send to a flow to call the data action there?

Posted 2 days ago

Hi Tatjana,

No I'm not looking to leave a voicemail for Busy/No Answer, sorry if I wasn't clear on that. I was highlighting that for voicemails the option exists to send the interaction to a Flow, but this option does not seem to exist for Busy/No Answer. If it did, in that Flow I could more easily use a data action to update my 3rd party system noting contact was attempted but was not successful and why, and then end the Flow (not leave a voicemail). 

Thank you for letting me know about the data action to create a Flow. That may be what I want.

Thank you,

Jeremy

Jeremy Prevost
    Lentegrity LLC

• 4.  RE: Data Action in Call Rule Set - Use values other than ones from contact list or send to a flow to call the data action there?

Posted 2 days ago

Yeah, this is what I thought, and I suggested using the Workflow flow type to implement additional logic.  Thank you for confirming, and hope this will work for you! 

Tatjana Knezevic

www.startelecom.cloud

https://www.linkedin.com/company/star-telecom-www-startelecom-ca-/

• 5.  RE: Data Action in Call Rule Set - Use values other than ones from contact list or send to a flow to call the data action there?

Posted 2 days ago

Can I ask what you want to do if there is a busy or no answer?  A wrap-up rule should be able to set a value in the contact for that.  You can run a data action to write an attribute to the conversation as well.  

Robert Wakefield-Carl
    ttec Digital
    Sr. Director - Innovation Architects
    Robert.WC@ttecdigital.com
    https://www.ttecDigital.com
    https://RobertWC.Blogspot.com

• 6.  RE: Data Action in Call Rule Set - Use values other than ones from contact list or send to a flow to call the data action there?

Posted 2 days ago

Hi Robert,

I want to use a data action that will update our 3rd party system to reflect that we attempted to make contact with the account and what the result was. To be able to set the correct result in our 3rd party system I have to sent specific values for the data action. I would rather not include that static data as a column in every contact record. One way around this limitation would be to have multiple data actions that do the same thing but have static values set in them and then call the correct one, but I was hoping to have one data action for this and to just pass the values to it when utilized. 

It's just a little odd that the data action in the Call Rule Sets is so limiting while in a Flow you have so many more options. If I could simply pass it to a Flow to do the work that would be fine but that's not one of the options for Call Rule Actions.

Thank you,

Jeremy

Jeremy Prevost
    Lentegrity LLC

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources