Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Data Table - Architect Priority Adjustments

Posted 05-30-2023 18:48

Hi all :)  I am trying to configure a data table that can adjust the priority on the "Transfer to ACD" action.  I've created the table, based vaguely on the training which only touched on it via the secure call flow.  The goal is to create a table that a support staff person without Admin rights could adjust if they wanted to prioritize specific Call Flows.

I've read through the documentation, and realize the variable that needs to be used, but I'm struggling to figure out how I need to configure it in Architect.  Do I need to create specific 10 / 20 / etc. in the data table row?

Thanks in advance.  Still learning on a crash course after 20 plus years on other platforms.  

#ArchitectureandDesign

------------------------------
    Carron Klassen
    Concentrix Solutions Corporation

• 2.  RE: Data Table - Architect Priority Adjustments

Top 25 Contributor
    Posted 05-30-2023 20:35
    Edited by Anton Vroon 05-30-2023 20:42

Hi Carron

Certainly is possible, We do this in our environment.
    For the Datatable in Admin, I set the first column (the key) to Queue Name, and then your second column would just be called Priority and would be a number
    The person managing it would just change that priority value to what they want. A value of 5 would treat the call like it has been in queue for 5 minutes already, like an extra virtual wait time added.

Then in Architect when you do the data table lookup, the input is the queue name that you are going to route to, and the output is going to be that priority value, then in the transfer to acd action you change the priority value to be an expression and set it to the output variable.

EDIT:
    Screenshots
    DataTable
    Data Table Lookup Action

Transfer to ACD action

You can go a step further, and use variables and queue name lookups to make it a little more streamlined instead of hard coding the input, but this should get you going.
    Anton Vroon

• 3.  RE: Data Table - Architect Priority Adjustments

Posted 05-30-2023 20:59

Thank you so so much!  That helped a ton.  I was really hoping not to have a 1:1 due to the limited number of tables.  

Carron Klassen

• 4.  RE: Data Table - Architect Priority Adjustments

Posted 05-31-2023 18:20

@Anton Vroon could I further this with a DID lookup?  Let's say I wanted to have 5 DID route to the same Call Flow.  So I point the call route to the 1 Call Flow.  But I don't to prioritize the transfer to ACD for all calls hitting that call flow, only specific DID (DNIS).  Thank you again.

Carron Klassen

• 5.  RE: Data Table - Architect Priority Adjustments

Top 25 Contributor
    Posted 05-31-2023 20:16

Yes of course

In the simplest form it would look something like

With that expression looking like:

The update Data could be that table lookup, or a reusable task that does the table lookup.

Personally I would have a lookup to get the name of the DDI and use that instead of the full DDI, or booleans like isSalesDDI and isServiceDDI, so its easier to read and follow and so the next person looking at the flow doesn't need to know what all the DDI numbers are relating to. But logically it is the same.

Anton Vroon

• 6.  RE: Data Table - Architect Priority Adjustments

Posted 06-01-2023 19:26

I really cannot thank you enough for being clear and showing exactly what you would do.  Thank you so much.

Carron Klassen

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources