Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Default or out of the box utterances and intents

Posted 20 days ago

I created a 'Billing' intent in my digital bot. I was told there are default utterances that are defined for that intent name, because billing is a common name for an intent. So even though i hadn't identified 'Penny' as an utterance or in an utterance, it was confidently matching that word to Billing intent being defined as a default utterance on a default intent.

Another example is I have an intent called "MS Other" and it confidently matched (86% probablity) the utterance 'agent' to it even though i do not have agent defined as/in an utterance. I'm assuming it did this for the same reason penny automatically matched to billing, so Other must also be a commonly used Intent name or considered a default intent? and agent is a default utterance assigned to a default intent of Other?

Is it safe to say there are default Intents and utterances that are predefined to them? Where can i get a list of these?

Similarly for Agent escalation under Event handling. you can turn it on/off. but where are the words defined for what its listening for? i saw examples on the resource center - are those what are defined? can i add to them or remove from the example list?

#ConversationalAI(Bots,AgentAssist,etc.)
    #DigitalChannels

------------------------------
    Kellyn DuBois
    Lumen Technologies Service Group, LLC

• 2.  RE: Default or out of the box utterances and intents

Posted 4 days ago

Remember that there is an NLU AI behind these intents.   Yes, it will guess at words that it has learned that are related in the Genesys LLM.  It is suggested you have at least 6 and I usually suggest 15 utterances (more than one or two words) for each Intent so the AI can really understand what your Intent is for.  If not, it will just guess and let you teach it slowly.  

Robert Wakefield-Carl
    ttec Digital
    Sr. Director - Innovation Architects
    Robert.WC@ttecdigital.com
    https://www.ttecDigital.com
    https://RobertWC.Blogspot.com

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources